Did you know you can use jojoba oil for acne and scar treatment? The special cold pressed oil from Israel is great for the skin because it has absorption properties that are similar to our skins own sebum. This article details on how to use jojoba oil on skin and acne scars treatment.
Jojoba Oil and Acne – How Effective is Jojoba Oil Acne Treatment?
Can jojoba oil used for acne treatment? How effective is it? Acne is a common occurrence in young adolescents and by a smaller number in adults. In adolescence, it is usually caused by an increase in androgens such as testosterone, which occurs during puberty, regardless of sex. Acne more often affects skin with a greater number of oil glands; these areas include the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back. (Wikipedia)
Sometimes acne can be persistent even with lots of treatments. However, effective treatments are available and jojoba oil is among the most trusted product or an ingredient of other cosmetic products used to clear acne and scars. If you are looking for a gentle and natural treatment option to clear your complexion, jojoba oil might be something worth considering.
According to acneorg.com, jojoba oil is said to be closer to the oil on human skin- sebum than other vegetable oils, making it an ideal ingredient in skin products.
Here are properties that make jojoba oil useful and effective for cosmetic use and acne treatment
- Its composition resembles that of sebum produced by skin
- It is safe, non toxic and non- allergenic as it does not clog pores on skin
- It has anti oxidant properties that protect the skin from harmful free radicals
- It is an anti bacterial effective against bacteria such as staphylococcal aureus and Propionibacterium acnes
- It is also a fungicide effective against fungus Candida Albicans
Jojoba Oil for Acne-How Does it work?
You are probably wondering how an oil is used to treat acne when the oil is known to clog pores on skin resulting in break outs. It is important to note that jojoba oil is rather a wax ester. A non-comedogenic, jojoba oil which is liquid wax is often used for moisturizing, spot treating and cleansing acne-prone skin.
Jojoba oil produces an effect on skin which is similar to that of sebum tricking the skin into assuming the amount of sebum produced is already high. This creates a feedback mechanism that reduces the production of more sebum. Due to reduced sebum production, the symptoms of acne clear off and the skin becomes significantly less oily.
With its cleansing properties, jojoba oil clears clogged pores by pushing out the pus formed from bacteria, dead skin cells and sebum. This is characterized as popping of pimples at the beginning of acne treatment with jojoba oil.
As an anti bacterial agent effective against the main bacteria responsible for acne and also many fungal infections that might mimic the symptoms of acne.
The soothing effect of jojoba oil helps relieve itchy skin and inflammation caused by acne.
How to use Jojoba Oil for Acne
While using jojoba oil can be very effective for acne and scar treatment, if used in the wrong way Jojoba can cause acne, make your acne worse, or do no good at all. If too much is used, it sits on the skin and can attract dust and dirt making acne worse. Remember to buy only pure, cold-pressed jojoba oil, which is commonly found in health food stores.
It is not recommended to use jojoba oil on the skin by itself as it is too strong. Mix it with your favorite non pore clogging commercial moisturizer. You can also consider other oils such as tea tree oil for optimal results.
Here is how to use jojoba oil as a moisturizer
- Buy good quality jojoba oil
- Buy pure aloe Vera gel
- Fill squeeze tubes with each
- Wash your face and cleanse pores as you routinely do
- Squeeze aloe Vera and jojoba oil into your palm
- Rub together and mix
- Lightly press the mixture together on your face or areas of acne
The video below by Melissa Hibbert, a beauty expert illustrates how to use jojoba for facial skin.
To get the best benefits on skin here are steps on how to use jojoba oil for acne
- Wash the area affected by the acne with a gentle cleanser. This will prepare the skin by clearing clogged pores
- Allow the excess moisture to dry from your skin before applying jojoba oil. Dip a cotton swab into the jojoba oil and apply to the affected area by dabbing. Do not scrub so that the acne will not get inflamed
- Repeat 3 times a day and for a few weeks. Do not stop when the comedones break out. This is only the “purging period” during which the oil drives out pus from the skin
Oil cleansing method is a way of cleansing the face with oil to remove oil. This works by breaking the oils on skin and unclogging pores. Alternating between your facial cleanser and oil cleansing every week helps clear off your skin of extra oils that might result in break outs.
Gently massage the oil onto your face then remove it by placing a hot washcloth over your face, letting it cool, then wiping the oil off. The washcloth should be rinsed and reapplied two to three times until the oil is gone. Finish by splashing your face with cool water. (livestrong.com)
Jojoba oil acne Scars- Using Jojoba Oil for Acne Scars
Jojoba oil is light and has many natural skin healing properties. It natural ability to soothe, moisturize, protect and restore a natural ph balance of the skin makes jojoba oil very effective in clearing acne scars.
There are many ways to treat acne but just a few to treat scars because these marks literally get embedded into deep layers of the skin. These can be best treated in the beginning stages; it may take two to three months for a mark to completely go away with a proper treatment. The older the acne scar the harder it gets to clear it unless you use good products.
The marks from acnes usually heal naturally if you keep applying ointment on the affected area, but sometime they turn into scars. Scars are usually deep and pigmented. Here are some reasons why acne turn into scars
- Touching the acne/pimple over and over again
- Scratching the acne or area around it with nails
- Popping out the acne to get the puss out of nodule
- Applying harsh chemicals to peel off the skin over the acne
- Rubbing the affected area with towel
For treatment of can scars, use jojoba oil on its own or add to other base creams to enhance healing. Unlike other products, jojoba oil has many positive reviews on removal and reducing appearance of acne scars.
Use jojoba oil regularly at night time for long term best results. Its use is best at night as the jojoba oil has enough time to work on the deeper layers of your skin. Pure jojoba oil is most effective in clearing of acne marks. Other than being most effective, this oil is also very affordable and goes a long way into depending on the frequency of application.
Jojoba Oil Acne Benefits
What are the benefits of using jojoba oil for acne? You already know this oil work for both acne and acne scars. Jojoba oil has become very popular in the cosmetic industry in its pure form or as an ingredient in cosmetic products such as creams and moisturizers. Here are some of jojoba oil benefits that make it a very good effective choice for treatment of acne and acne scars.
- It is very light and does not clog pores on skin
- Helps reduce the production of sebum on skin
- It soothes and relieves itchy, inflamed skin
- It has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties
- Reduces appearance of acne scars and marks
- It has high content vitamin E which promotes regeneration of skin cells
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin improving in elasticity
- Improves complexion and enhances penetration of vitamin D
Jojoba oil Acne and Acne Scar Treatment -Tips and Facts
Jojoba oil is natural oil used on skin to treat many skin problems. With its rise in popularity, many brands have sprung claiming to be the best natural jojoba oil. Here are tips to buy genuine and safe jojoba oil.
- Determine what you want to use the oil for
- Choose organic jojoba oil
- Make sure it’s cold pressed jojoba oil
- Choose one from a reputable brand
- Read customer reviews to confirm the product’s description
Essential Oils Information-Further Reading
Want more information on essential oils? Follow this links for more interesting further reading on oils
- Jojoba Oil uses, Benefits for Skin, Hair Growth, Loss where to Buy & Reviews
- Vitamin E Oil Benefits and Uses for Face, Hair, Skin, Scars, Acne& Stretch Marks
- Best Essential Oils for Hair Growth, Loss- Dry, Thinning & Natural Hair
- Best Essential Oils for Skin Tags, Wrinkles, Dry, Itchy & Sensitive Skin + Recipes
- Uses of Tea Tree Oil for Nail Fungus, Lice, Scabies, Body and Foot Soak- How to Use Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth, Loss, Dandruff, Scalp, Ingrown & Natural Hair –Products
- Tea Tree Oil for Acne Scars, Skin Tags, Fungus, Irritation, Cancer & Molluscum
- Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin, Hair& Health- Tea Tree Oil Products Benefits & Side Effects
- Rosemary Essential Oil Uses, Benefits for Hair, Skin& Properties