How effective is multani mitti for hair loss, growth and straightening? Can it be used to treat dandruff or for body hair removal? Are Packs or masks of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) clay for hair good for oily or dry hair? How can you prepare and apply fuller’s earth mask or pack for hair? What are the benefits of multani mitti hair masks or packs? Multani mitti is an incredible hair care product that is readily available for everyone at pocket friendly prices. It yields significant results for hair when used together with other natural herbal preparations. Read on to learn more about how to prepare and use various fuller’s earth hair packs.
Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Loss & Dandruff Pack
Multani mitti is a hair loss, hair growth and dandruff home remedy that many individuals are unaware of. Impurities in blood are commonly associated with hair loss. Multani mitti has an ability to detoxify and cleanse your scalp which will eventually help in hair regrowth.
When skin cells and oils from your scalp build up, they result to dandruff. Fullers earth clay combined with other natural herbal creations is a pure way to bring back health to your scalp and make your hair shine and free of flakes. Following are multani mitti hair packs or masks for hair loss, growth and dandruff.
Multani Mitti Hair Mask for Dandruff.
The ingredients required for this mask include, 6 table spoons of fenugreek seeds, 4 table spoons of multani mitti clay and a table spoon of lemon juice.
Soak fenugreek seeds in water for about 12hrs then grind the seeds in a blender. To the ground seeds add the Multani mitti. Add lemon juice to the mixture and mix all of them together to create a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the hair scalp. Leave it for about 30 minutes to dry. Wash it off and condition. Both lemon juice and Fenugreek (methi) seeds are very effective in treating or preventing dandruff.
Homemade Multani Miti Pack for Hair Loss and Growth
The ingredients for this hair pack include, fresh aloe vera leaf (alternatively, you can use Aloe Vera gel), lemon juice and multani mitti powder.
To prepare, wash and remove thorns from the fresh aloe vera leaf. Cut the leaf into small pieces along with the skin. Into a mixing bowl add the 2 table spoons multani mitti powder and the small pieces of aloe vera leaf.
To the mixture add lemon juice as needed and blend it to get a fine paste. The mixture should neither be too thick nor too thin. Apply it all over the scalp and let it dry. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. For best results, ensure your scalp is free of oil or grease before applying.
Note: This pack is suitable for normal and oily hair types. For dry hair, substitute the lemon juice with sour yogurt/curd.
Multani Mitti for Dry and Oily Hair Mask
Fuller’s earth clay pack is an effective treatment for oily and dry hair. Dry tress does not have enough moisture to maintain normal shine and texture while oily hair usually appears greasy due to secretion of sebum by the sebaceous glands of the scalp. These hair packs help in moisturizing, and get rid of excess oil from your scalp leaving it healthy and nourished. Here are two masks or packs of multani mitti for dry and oily hair.
Hair Pack for Dry Hair
The ingredients you will you require for this hair pack include, 4 teaspoons of multani mitti, ½ cup of plain yoghurt, 2 teaspoons of honey and juice of half lemon.
To prepare, create a mixture of all these ingredients. Apply the puree on your hair leave it to dry. Wash off, shampoo and condition for beautiful and glowing hair.
Hair Mask for Oily Hair
Ingredients for this pack include 2 tbsp of multani mitti, 2 tbsp reetha powder and a small bowl of water.
Preparation of this pack takes some time hence you will need some patience. Soak the Multani mitti in the bowl for 3-4 hours. Add reetha powder to the soaked multani mitti and then leave the mixture for 40 more minutes.
Apply to hair, let it dry and then wash off. Reetha powder deeply cleans your hair. It also has excellent foaming and shampooing properties. This pack will keep your scalp and tress roots clean. It will also leave your hair, glowing, healthy and beautiful.
Multani Mitti Hair Pack for Straightening & Split Ends
Can multani mitti pack help straighten hair and remove split ends? Fullers earth packs may not be the world’s best remedy for hair split ends and straightening but when used correctly the results are quite amazing.
The only true way to remove split ends, scientifically known as trichoptilosis, is to cut your hair but using this mud packs can help in preventing this condition.
For hair straightening, Multani mitti mask is a handy hair care product to straighten your hair giving it a streamlined, smooth and sleek look. Following are packs for trichoptilosis and hair straightening.
Multani Mitti Hair Pack for split Ends
Add equal amounts of Multani mitti and curd into a mixing bowl and mix gently. To the mixture add Vitamin E capsule powder and mix further to a desired paste. Apply the paste at the split ends of your hair then leave for about 20 minutes. Wash off the paste. The vitamin E capsule aids in repairing the split ends and damaged hair. You can also use avocado oil in place of the vitamin capsule.
Hair Straightening Multani Mitti Pack
The items needed for this pack include one cup of multani mitti, 5 table spoons of rice flour and one egg white.
To prepare add the multani mitti, rice flour and the egg white into a bowl and mix well until you achieve a smooth even paste. Apply the mud pack all over your hair. Wait for 5 minutes comb your hair straight. After combing let your hair stay for 10 minutes then wash it off. The rice flour acts as a shampoo alternative while the egg white natural conditioner maintains your hair straightening.
Multani Mitti Hair Removal Pack
When combined with other ingredients, Multani mitti can be used for hair removal. This pack is commonly used for children but can also work for adults. In the Indian tradition, mothers used ingredients like garbanzo beans flour, lemon juice, honey, gram flour or turmeric.
To prepare this hair removal pack, mix Multani mitti, lemon juice, milk powder and gram powder or flour. The mixture should be thicker compared to all other packs. Roll the mixture into a ball then rub the ball over the hairy body parts to remove hair. Instead of rolling you can also apply the paste as it is. The paste should be applied in the direction of hair growth.
Leave for at least 30 minute then gently rub the paste with your hand towards the opposite direction of hair growth. Wash with lukewarm water.
Multani Mitti Hair Mask or Pack Benefits
In summary, what are the benefits of multani mitti hair packs? The advantages of using fuller’s earth masks or packs for tress are numerous. Below is a list of the benefits.
- Removes excessive oil and toxins from scalp.
- It can be used to treat or remove dandruff and other scalp conditions.
- The clay makes your hair dirt free without washing away the natural moisturizers
- Multani mitti hair pack helps prevent split ends.
- Fullers earth makes the hair strong, silky and with shine.
- The packs can be used a home remedy for hair loss and growth.
- Deeply Conditions oily, dry or normal hair leaving it soft and very manageable.
- With little or no side effects, multani mitti packs are a cost effective method for maintaining dull and damaged hair.
- It helps facilitate blood circulation.
- Regular application of multani mitti makes the hair radiant and beautiful.
- The packs can be used to remove unwanted hair from your body.
Suggested Further Reading
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Mask for Face, Acne, Recipes, Reviews Before & After
- Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits, Side Effects & Results
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, Acne, Soap and Reviews.
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,