Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
Kaolin clay mask is an inexpensive, simple and an exciting way to take care of your skin. As a facial and full body mask, it offers several benefits for oily, acne-prone, normal and sensitive skin types. Homemade China Clay mask recipes are readily accessible and easy to follow. Read on to learn more about benefits of kaolin clay mask, homemade kaolin clay face mask for acne, oily skin & recipes, Safety of Kaolin clay during pregnancy and tips for use.
Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits
What are the benefits of using kaolin clay mask? As you may have heard, China clay, Kaolinite clay, white cosmetic clay or simply white clay are alternative names for kaolin clay. Kaolin’s unique properties and ingredients makes it an incredible item for masks and other skincare products. Let us briefly look at the white or kaolin clay mask benefits.
- This mask purifies, vitalizes and boosts the cell renewal of the skin.
- Deeply cleans the pores and refines the skin structure: a great way to get rid of acne, blackheads and pimples.
- Enhances blood circulation
- It can be used for a variety skin types
- Studies have shown that montmorillonite, a compound found in china clay, is beneficial for oily skin.
- It contains essential nutrients and phytonutrients which are good for skin treatment.
- Clay masks are safe, simple, time-saving and cheap skin care products. You can prepare at home and you only use them a few times a week.
Kaolin Clay Face Mask Recipe
Most skincare preparations and cosmetics contain kaolin clay as an ingredient. Therefore, facial masks made from white cosmetic clay are not a new phenomenon. This is because of the natural absorbing ability and other beneficial properties of china clay.
Basic Kaolin Clay Face Mask Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of kaolin clay
- 2 tablespoons of water or other liquid of your choice
- Mix kaolin clay and water till you achieve the desired consistency
- Pull your hair back and apply evenly to face
- Let it dry, 15 minutes for oily and 5 minutes for sensitive skin
- Wash it off with warm water and wash cloth
- Apply your homemade moisturizer.
Kaolin Clay Mask for Acne, Oily Skin& Recipe
How effective is kaolin mask for acne-prone and oily skin types? Why is white cosmetic clay the ideal clay for these skin types? Kaolinite clay mud mask yields significant results for oily skins. The ability to detoxify the skin, replace minerals and enhance the skin tone without drying or irritating your skin can be attributed to the exceptional absorbent and mild properties of kaolin clay.
As a mask, white clay balances oiliness and aids in the eradication of blemishes. It draws impurities in your skin that are causing breakouts. In addition, it clears, refines and makes the pores tighter and considerably improves softness or smoothness. Kaolin mask can also calm inflammation. The ability to draw toxins and soothe skin makes this mask ideal for acne.
Homemade Kaolin Clay Mask for Acne-prone Oily Skin Recipe.
- 2 teaspoons of kaolin clay.
- 2-3 teaspoons of strong herbal tea or low fat yogurt
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops of lemongrass or petit grain essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl stirring enough yogurt or herbal tea to come up with paste which can be spread.
- Wash your face and leave it damp, thereafter smooth your homemade kaolin mask over your face and neck only; avoid eyes and mouth.
- For 15-20 minutes, leave it to dry.
- Wash of the mask using warm, wet washcloth
- Apply an astringent toner (to close pores), or a moisturizer
Homemade White Clay Mask for Sensitive Skin
Do you have a sensitive skin type? White Kaolin clay is the mildest of all clays hence suitable for sensitive skins. Below is how to prepare homemade white clay mask for individuals with skins that are sensitive.
- 3 tablespoons of white cosmetic clay
- 2 tablespoons of lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers
- ¼ cup colloidal oatmeal
- Mixing agent: water or honey or floral /herbal water
- Grind all the flowers into a fine powder
- Using any of the mixing agent, combine all the ingredients
- Apply paste and leave to dry for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
- Apply mild toner
Kaolin Clay Mask Pregnancy
Are you pregnant and your acne is out of control? How useful is white kaolin mask during pregnancy? A lot of women complain about acne out break when they are pregnant. As you have already noticed from above, Kaolin clay face mask is one of the available solutions. According to thebump.com forums, face mask or body mud with kaolin clay in pregnancy is safe and it totally helps to clear up the eruptions on the face and other parts of the body. Try the above white clay recipes for acne.
Tips on Safe Kaolin Clay Mask Use
How do I use kaolin safely on skin or face? What precautions should I take before using clay mask? Below are a few tips or guides on safe usage of kaolin and other clay masks.
- Always do an allergy check before using any clay mask. A common simple allergy check is done by first trying it on the inside of your elbow or a small spot on the side of your neck.
- When creating your own skincare products that use kaolin clay or other clays, it is recommended you use a mask. Why? It is a safe practice since it will help avoid breathing in the fine dust of the clays. The fine dust may lead to immunological or respiratory responses which are unhealthy conditions.
- Ensure that your mask is neither too stiff nor too loose but the right consistency of a soft paste that can stick to your face or body without falling or dripping. Right consistency will also ensure that the mask is easy to apply on face.
- As in the case of other homemade clay mask recipes, it is recommended that you prepare your mask in non-metallic media such as glass or ceramic. Metal may react with clay and reduce its effectiveness.
Want to Spicy up your White Cosmetic Clay Mask?
- Add milk, yoghurt or even pureed cucumbers to your fresh mask.
- You can also enhance your kaolin mask by mixing the clay with herbal teas, floral waters or essential oils.
- If your skin is sensitive, you might want to add oatmeal and other grain products.
Do you wish to transform your skin into clearer irresistible complexions? Try this clay mask to unclog pores, lessen bacteria, heal, nourish and tone your skin. What is your story? Please share it the commenting section below. Your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Recommended further reading-Kaolin (China, White Cosmetic, Kaolinite) Clay
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Mask for Face, Acne, Recipes, Reviews Before & After
- Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits, Side Effects & Results
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
Aztec Healing Clay
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
Rhassoul (Red Morrocan, Ghassoul) Clay
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth Clay)
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, Acne, Soap and Reviews.
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,
curious if using Kaolin clay mask can help stop Rhinophyma which is an advanced stage of rosacea causing a bulbous nose?
Hello Rey, we have no evidence that it can stop rhinophyma. If you get some evidence, please get back and let us know
How many times in a week can this kaolin clay mask be applied for acne prone skin?
About three times. However, it depends how it reacts with your skin. You can use more than thrice if it comes with no bad effects
Where can I purchase the red, pink and yellow Mall in clay