Gain Weight -Healthy Methods, Fastest & Natural Ways for Skinny Men, Women & Kids
How do I gain weight? What are healthy natural ways to gain weight for skinny men, women and kids? In America two thirds of the nation is working hard on the slim mission to conform to trend and fashion. So what happens to those on the other end of weight gain? If you feel skinny and need to add on some weight, this is for you. Here are healthy, quickest or fastest and natural ways to gain weight for men, women and kids.
I’m Skinny and I Want to Gain Weight Fast…
Why is it important to gain an ideal weight?
There is about two percent of the population who are underweight. This means that they weigh less than their ideal weight. To know what your ideal weight is, check with your BMI calculator
The ideal weight gain you may ask, depends on your height, age and gender. It is recommended that you gain 0.5kgs per week by a gradual intake of 500 calories per day. This is considered a healthy and achievable goal. Before you start a weight plan, record your starting weight and check your weight weekly on the same day, same time. To gain weight you need to increase your daily caloric intake by 500 per day.
According to livestrong.com, “In order to gain one pound of muscle, you must consume an excess of 2,500 calories. For a weekly gain of one to two pounds, increase your daily caloric intake by 350 to 700 calories. If your doctor has advised you to increase fat, consume an excess of 3,500 calories per week for one pound of fat gain. While this may seem like a large number of calories to add into your diet, you may consume the calories throughout the day. To gain the extra calories, eat healthful foods, such as lean meats, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and healthy fats such as avocados and nuts.”
Are you having trouble gaining weight? What are the reasons why it is difficult to gain weight?
If you have been trying to add weight and you think you have been doing everything right, then it’s probably the right time you revised your plan. You might have been doing all things right but not getting positive results on your weight gain plan. Here is why you night be having a hard time gaining weight.
- Fast metabolism
- Eating wrong foods such as junk
- Medical problems with absorption such as coeliac disease and cystic fibrosis
- Medical conditions such as cancer and diabetes
- Wrong diet
- Small meals
- High stress levels
To get the best out of a weight plan;
- Relax and focus
- Gather as much knowledge as you can
- Visit your nutritionist for expert advice
- For medical reasons, visit your physician
- Avoid injuring yourself to be able to stay on the weight gain exercise program
- If you have a faster metabolism you can counter this by eating more than your system can burn
- Avoid junk food
- Eat foods inclusive of high protein, fat, protein and carbohydrate diet.
- Eat four basic meals with up to three snacks in a day.
- Sleep well for at least 8 hours a day
Natural Ways to Gain Weight Fast
Looking to put on weight the natural way is not an easy task. This is actually a test of your patience and willingness to stick to the plan for healthy weight gain. Do not fall into the trap of binging on junk foods and weight gain supplements. Almost all products at the store seems to be anti-gain weight; low fat and low sugar. It is however very possible to gain weight the natural way. A balanced diet, effective exercise plan and a healthy lifestyle is all you need to gain weight naturally.
Put in mind that however skinny you are, it is still possible to end up cholesterol and Trans fat problems just like those who are overweight. Here are ways on how to gain weight naturally.
- Determine how many calories to take up
- Do not eat foods with empty calories.
- Choose the right snacks
- Take meat soup at least twice a week
- Consume more of non-vegetarian foods such as chicken and fish
- Soya is a great protein when it comes to natural ways to gain weight
- Make your vegetable and fruit salads count
- Come up with a good exercise plan to help you increase your muscle and lean mass
- Exercise helps you convert extra calories into muscle instead of fat. It also stimulates your appetite and increases your metabolism
- Ensure you always take a well-balanced diet
- Include water and fruit juices in your diet
Healthy Weight Gain Methods/Ways for Women, Men & Kids
What are the safe and healthy methods or ways to gain weight for women, kids and men? Read on to find out
Healthy ways to gain weight for women
Rather than exercise and muscle mass which works best for men, women tend to rely more on food for healthy weight gain. It is however very easy to end up eating the wrong kinds of foods that will end up making you sluggish and feeling awful about yourself.
Dieticians recommend these simple steps to help you add on to your caloric intake.
- Eat healthier, mono saturated fats. Nuts are a great snacking option. Include avocados in almost all your meals. One big fruit has close to 200 calories. It is also very healthy for your heart.
- Opt for fresh fruit juice other than a fruit as this gives you more calories without making you feel full. Make this part of all your meals.
- Exercise and focus on weights and body building. Go slow won cardio exercises as this eat up muscle and fats.
Ideal weight gain during pregnancy
What is the ideal weight gain during pregnancy? What is the normal weight gain during pregnancy? These are among other questions that people ask in the course of their nine months. How much weight you gain sorely depends on whether you are underweight, normal or overweight before you became pregnant. It also depends on whether you have a double pregnancy and other medical underlying issues.
The Institute of Medicine gives a guideline on how much weight one should put on based on these measures.
- If your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby.
- If you were underweight for your height at conception (a BMI below 18.5), you should gain 28 to 40 pounds.
- If you were overweight for your height (a BMI of 25 to 29.9), you should gain 15 to 25 pounds. If you were obese (a BMI of 30 or higher), you should gain between 11 and 20 pounds.
- If you’re having twins, you should gain 37 to 54 pounds if you started at a healthy weight, 31 to 50 pounds if you were overweight, and 25 to 42 pounds if you were obese.
When you are expecting twins, it is recommended that you take 3000 to 3500 calories a day due to increased demand from the babies. To gain weight the healthy way in pregnancy;
- Eat small frequent meals up to six times a day.
- Snacking on nuts, ice-cream and yoghurt
- Make good use of adding such as cheese, butter and margarine
Note: if you have gained more than you should during pregnancy, you should wait until delivery to be able to lose up the extra fat.
Healthy Weight Gain for Men.
For men, gaining weight naturally is a bit harder than women. Men have more muscle than women. Muscle mass burns more calories at rest than fat. A few visits to the gym will transform you from skinny to a strong lad. This in addition to high calorie nutritious diet is a sure way to help you gain weight. Here are seven easy ways to gain healthy weight for men:
- Eat a lot more
- Take lots of water
- Track your calories
- Raise your daily calorie intake
- Lifts weights
- Balance your stress level
- Have plenty of sleep
What is the fastest way for men to lose weight? Whatever the procedure you want to follow, the fastest for anyone to gain weight is one to two pounds in a week with most people averaging 1.5 pounds. Unless you want to end up with a pile of fats in form of extra weight, keep off unhealthy foods that are empty on calories.
Health Ways to help kids gain weight
Children are excessively. This means that they burn more calories than they consume. Their foods should be rich in nutrients and dense in calories for better growth and development. If your child is having problems with weight gain, make small significant changes to their diets. Come up with a customized plan that makes eating more fun. Healthy food for kids should include, high calories, high protein, wise snacking and dairy drinks.
Nutritionists recommend offering at least one calorie rich food at every meal, like cooking vegetables in olive oil or pasta with cream. Avocado is dense in both fats & calories and is a good choice for kids. It is important for parents to know that forcing a child to eat will not do well in terms of weight gain. Small rich frequent meals will do just fine.
Other Weight Gain Methods- Pills and Supplements
For those looking to gain weight with pills, there are many products in the market for you. Top drugs such as Oxandrolone, Oxymetholone and Methylestosterone are touted to work. Some pills work by increasing appetite while others stimulating weight gain by shifting your hormonal balance like the birth control pills. Be careful though, not all these pills work. Just because these pills have higher price tag does not mean they are going to work magic for you. Do not skip on your food and vitamins in place of unrated weight gain pills.
Weight gain supplements are protein based. They also come with large carbs and fat content to boost calorie count. Different supplements vary in the amount of calorie count. Choose one that meets your needs. Some contain as high as 1200 pounds. Some may contain extra products such as amino acids, creatinine and added flavors. Note that weight supplements make you gain weight and not muscle. Do not replace your gym sessions with supplements.
Other ways to gain weight
What are other ways of gaining weight other than eating right, weight gain supplements and pills? Try living a healthy lifestyle, balancing your stress level and having lots of sleep. These however are not likely to work alone. Add this up to your natural weight gain regime for better results.
I’m skinny and I want to gain weight fast…what are the healthy natural ways or methods to gain weight fast? Please share your answer in the commenting section below. Any other contribution will be highly appreciated.
Suggested Further Reading: More Weight Gain Information
Want more information on healthy weight gain? Follow these links for interesting information on how to lose weight effectively and in a healthy manner.
- Gain Weight Diet /Meals for Men, Toddlers& Women-Foods to Gain Weight
- Best Weight Gainers for Men, Women, Kids / Children
Weight Loss Information
In case you gained more than the desired weight, you may be interested to learn more on how to lose weight.
- Best Weight Loss Workouts for Men & Women- Program or Plan
- Healthy Weight Calculator, Chart, Range for Women, Men, Teens and Kids: Normal& Ideal Body Weight for Height
- I Want to Lose Weight Fast – No Exercise, Safe Pills/Supplements, Plans/ Programs Tips
- Healthy Weight Loss Per Week for Women, Men & Rate- How Can I Lose Weight in a Week?
- Running for Weight Loss (Running to Lose Weight) – Plan, Schedule & Tips
- Walking for Weight Loss – How Much Walking to Lose Weight? Plan & Strategies
- Healthy Weight Loss – Best Foods, Diet Meal Plans, Programs &Tips
- Best Healthy Snacks tor Weight Loss Facts, List & Ideas
- Yogurt and Weight Loss -Best Greek Yogurt for Weight Loss, Diet Plan &Tips
- Can / does Drinking Water Help you Lose Weight? Calculate how Much Water for Weight Loss &Tips