Red bell pepper recipes have been published all over the internet and elsewhere but I only want to pick the best and most popular. I in my previous posts, have already discussed Red Bell Pepper Nutrition, Health Benefits, How to Select, Prepare & Store and Calories In Red Bell Pepper, How Many Calories In a Red Bell Pepper? Take a second and have a look at the two very informative posts or articles about the red bell pepper. Red peppers are colourful, versatile fruits (others prefer calling them vegetables) found all over the world and cooked in different cuisines. They can be eaten raw, grilled with meats, roasted, stuffed with savoury fillings, baked, and steamed with vegetables and sautéed for a hearty stew. In addition to other health benefits, they are a great source of vitamins and help the body absorb nutrients from food. Red bell peppers are also a great addition to many types of dishes like salads, sandwiches, pasta and sautés. They combine well with garlic, olive oil, herbs like coriander, and courgettes. Keep on reading to learn more on;
- Stuffed red bell pepper recipes
- Roasted bell pepper recipe
- Red bell pepper chutney recipe
- Red bell pepper soup recipe
How to Prepare Stuffed red bell pepper Recipes
Stuffed red bell peppers, are bell peppers made by a possibility of a variety of ingredients ranging from beef, cheese to ground turkey or chicken, or even vegetables. The ingredients act as the fillings (what the bell pepper is actually filled or stuffed with). In almost all cases the fillings must be cooked ready first. How to prepare stuffed red bell pepper recipe is actually the same as in the case of other varieties. Read more How to make stuffed green pepper.
Stuffed Red Bell Pepper Recipes
How to Prepare stuffed Red Bell Peppers with Turkey and Vegetables
Cook time 50 min
- 4 Red bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap the red bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.
How to Prepare Red Bell Pepper Stuffed with Vegetable and Rice Recipe
- ½ teaspoon (2mL) vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) long grain rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup (60 125mL) dried oregano
- 1/3 cup (75mL) chopped seeded tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60mL) corn kernels
- 2 tablespoon (30mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup (60mL) shredded mozzarella cheese.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic and two-thirds of the green onions for 1 minute.
- Add water and oregano; cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir tomato, corn, parmesan cheese, salt and lengthwise, remove seed and ribs.
- Spoon in rice mixture.
- Place stuffed red bell pepper in a small skillet; pour in ½ cup (125ml) water.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for about 20 minutes or until pepper is tender adding water to maintain level.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cook covered for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining onions.
Use mounds of kosher salt to stabilize the peppers. The salt aids in retaining the shape of the red bell peppers during baking The red bell peppers may begin to break down in the oven if they are baked too long ,so you may have to consider the cooking time of the fillings as well; you may need to par-cook some ingredients.
How to Prepare Roasted Red Bell Pepper Recipe
Roasting red bell pepper, apparently there are several methods that can be used to roast red peppers depending on what type of cooking appliance you have handy and what type of roasting your recipe is calling for. On the grill, on a gas cook top or in the oven. Roasting of red bell peppers deepens the flavour and removes the pepper’s skin.
- 5 red bell peppers
- 2 small garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Prepare grill for cooking, if using a charcoal grill open vents on bottom of grill, the light charcoal. Charcoal fire is hot when you can hold your hands 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds.
- If using a gas grill, pre heat burners on high, covered for 10 minutes and then reduce heat to moderately high.
- Lay red bell peppers on their sides on lightly oiled grill rack and roast, turning occasionally with tongs until skins are blackened (10 to 12 minutes)
- Transfer to a bowl, then cover and let steam for 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers (reserving juices) then cut into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Stir together red bell peppers (with their juices) garlic, oil, vinegar, oregano, sea salt and pepper and marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
How to Prepare Red Bell Pepper Soup Recipe
Red bell pepper soup is a simple dish consisting of red ripe peppers in a creamy base. Red bell peppers are in low calories so even if you eat one full cup of them you get just about 45 calories. That one cup will give you more than your daily quota of vitamin A and C.
- 2 ½ red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups canned vegetable broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sliced fresh basil
- Char red bell peppers over gas flame or in a broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose on paper bag and let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel seed and slice peppers.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat
- Add shallots garlic and thyme and sautés 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups broth and all but 4 slices of roasted red bell peppers.
- Simmer uncovered until peppers are very soft; about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches puree soup in blender until smooth.
- Return to sample pot and add half and half, vinegar and cayenne pepper.
- Re-warm soup, thinning with addition broth if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with reserved red bell pepper strips and basil.
How to Prepare Red Bell Pepper Tomato Chutney Recipe
Cook time is 35 min, 10 min for preparation and 25 min for cooking.
- Red Bell Pepper – 1, chopped into 1″ pieces
- Tomatoes – 2 large, sliced
- Chana dal – 1 1/2 tbsps (Bengal gram/senaga pappu)
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Green chilies – 1
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 1/2 tbsps
- For tempering/poppu/tadka:
- OIl – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Heat 1 1/2 tsps of oil in a vessel. Once the oil is hot, reduce flame, add chana dal, cumin and red chilies and saute till the dal turns light brown. Add green chilies and coriander leaves and saute for 2 mts. Remove the contents from the vessel and keep aside to cool.
- In the same vessel, add a tbsp of oil, add the red bell pepper pieces and saute for 6 mts. Add the tomatoes and saute for 9-10 mts on low to medium flame. Turn off heat and cool.
- Blend the dal-red chilies mixture till coarse. Then add the cooled ingredients (tomatoes and red bell peppers) along with salt and grind to a fine paste. Remove into a serving bowl.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the curry leaves, red chilies and asafoetida and turn off heat.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and serve with idli or dosa.
[Source: Silus Kitchen]
Suggested related content.
- Bell Pepper: How to Select, Cut & Cook
- Bell Pepper Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits
- 16 Incredible Bell Pepper Facts You Need To know
- Green Bell Pepper nutrition, Health Benefits, Calories in Green Bell Pepper
- Stuffed Green Pepper, Benefits, How to Make Recipes
- Purple Bell Pepper, Nutrition Benefits, Calories When To Harvest
- Purple Bell Pepper Recipe, Taste & Health Benefits.
- Orange Bell Pepper Nutrition Facts, Health Benefits, Recipes & When to Pick