A waterproof tracker is a device that comes in handy when you need to measure, monitor, or track your day-to-day physical activities.
But before you can purchase an activity tracker, it is recommended that you take time to first consider the goals that you have set for yourself in terms of your general well-being. Questions to ask yourself include:
- Are you looking to jump-start a workout session that had stalled?
- Fine-tune your swimming prowess?
- Are you planning on taking part in a triathlon?
Your objectives will determine the kind of tracker that you should purchase. Achieving the objectives, you have set for yourself will be pegged on whether you have a good fitness tracker with you.
Currently, the best waterproof trackers come in varying forms. They range from basic trackers to more complicated, and technology-driven trackers. For the latter, they come with matching price points.
Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers
Below is a lineup of the best waterproof fitness trackers currently available in the market. Today, almost everyone is using a fitness tracker, but very few of these trackers can be able to survive being placed under water.
There are actually those that will die on you when they are splashed on. The best waterproof activity trainers ought to make it possible for you to wash your hands, sweat when working out, and even walk when it is raining, without having to worry that the gadget will be destroyed.
1. Fitbit Charge 2
Fitbit is currently one of the most popular waterproof wearables in the market. Take a look around you and you will see people hiking with them, jogging in the nearby streets, and you may even spot them at the airport.
The Fitbit charge 2 is rated as one of the most comfortable gadgets in the market. It comes with a heart rate monitor, improved data tracking, guided breathing, and a larger screen for display purposes. Its wristbands can also be interchanged.
- Comes with auto sleep and all day activity included
- Tracks your heart rate through the wrist
- It is water resistant
- Its design is sleek and features a bigger screen for display
- Battery can last for up to five days
- Equipped with a multisport activity mode
- It has calendar reminders that make it easier for you to plan better
- Great appearance
- Improved battery life
- You can easily customize its bands to your preferred style
- Ideal for those that would like to monitor their heart beats
- It can only survive being dipped in water that is not more than fifty feet deep
2. Letscom fitness tracker HR
LETSCOM is a leading manufacturer of activity trainers that specializes in designing, and developing wearable technology that is both dedicated and robust. It does this with the aim of enhancing competitors training metrics.
- IP67 waterproof activity tracker
- Affordable as it retails for below thirty dollars
- Comes with an activity heart rate monitor
- Provides support for android 4.1 and iOS 7.1
- It has calories, blood pressure test, and sleep monitor counts
- Its battery can last for between five and ten days
- It has the ability to control your mobile phone
- Easily customizable
- Ability to keep track of your workout statistics
- Active anti-lost features
- Waterproof monitor for your heart rate and blood pressure
- Excellent battery life
- Its blood pressure readings are at times incorrect
3. Polar H7
This is an activity tracker that has proven to be an excellent way for a person to advance their fitness levels thanks in part to its coaching features.
You can use this device to make your everyday training a fun experience. The device has made it possible for its users to share their training results with friends and family. You can use the information provided to motivate members in your circle to become motivated, and start an active lifestyle.
- Its battery can be replaced. And the replacement can last for up to seven days
- It comes with a chest strap that has been made from a fabric that is comfortable and very soft
- It comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty
- Provides a live, and accurate heart reading
- It is capable of counting the number of calories that you have burned
- Its activity tracker is highly-compatible with other gym equipment
- The heart rate monitor enables you to make the most out of each workout
- Its tracker syncs with your phone providing you with up to second readings
- You can use it keep up to date with your fitness activity via its iOS app
- It is not compatible with android devices
5. Polar V800 GPS Sports Watch
This advanced fitness tracker can be used for activities such as running, biking, and swimming. It has a waterproof design that provides swimmers with swimming metrics for open-water and pool activities.
- It comes with a GPS tracker
- Ideal for hiking, running, or biking
- It has the ability to measure distance while strapped on the writs
- Ideal for those who want to keep track of their outdoor fitness training performance
- It has the ability to measure your heart rate while you are in the water
- It can be immersed in water up to a depth of thirty meters
- Comes with Bluetooth smart sensor support
- It is versatile
- Has a heart rate monitor that functions even while in the water
- 24/7 activity data
- Big for people with small wrists
5. Garmin Vivosmart HR+ Activity Tracker
The first thing that immediately pops into your mind when you look at this watch is the fact that it is purpose built. It has a rugged, durable, waterproof design. It is ideal for the active fitness trainer.
- It has automatic tracking for swimming, biking, running, and walking
- 24/7 heart rate monitor
- Can easily acquire satellite signals
- Users are not limited in terms of the activities that they can track
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- Rugged design
- Vibration alerts that remind you to keep moving
- Comfortable which means that it can be worn for the whole day
- Comes with a 5ATM waterproof rate
- Appears large when worn on tiny wrists
6. Waterfi Swim Tracker
Unlike other trackers mentioned here, this particular tracker does not in any way try to be terrestrial. Its main aim is to provide the swimmer with tracking activities. It has an IPX8 rating and can be submerged in water for a depth of up to thirty feet indefinitely.
- Ability to record breath count, burnt calories, average pace, total distance covered, and the number of laps covered.
- All functions are available in a single click
- Ability to store up to fifty workout sessions
- Can be synced with your iPod, iPhone, or iPod Touch
- Its battery can last for thirteen hours without being recharged
- Ideal for comparing your performance in different swim sessions
- It is very light
- Can be submerged up to thirty feet for an indefinite period
- Easily fits on the backside of your goggles
- Goes for thirteen hours without requiring a recharge
- It can only be used with Apple products running iOS 9 or later
7. Apple Watch Series 3
This is one of the trackers that cannot go unmentioned when looking at waterproof fitness trackers. The tracker is from Apple, and is fitted with a lightning fast dual core processor. It is ideal for use in swimming, as well as in other outdoor activities.
- Water resistant to a depth of up to fifty meters
- It is designed to help you stay motivated and active
- Comes with inbuilt GPS
- Ideal for use when training in the pool
- Apple music stream
- Waterproof for up to 50m
- Inbuilt GPS with altimeter
- Voice command fails from time to time
- You must carry your iPhone
8. Tom Tom Spark Cardio and Music GPS Fitness Watch
This is a waterproof fitness tracker that comes a Bluetooth music player with a GPS sports watch. It enables you to connect, and train with more than five hundred songs. It is a 24/7 trainer that has been designed to keep fitness enthusiasts motivated.
- Great for use when on the treadmill, when swimming, running, biking, or when at the gym
- It comes with a long-lasting battery
- Ability to measure calories burned, speed, pace, distance covered, and time
- Can track GPS for up to eleven hours, and can play music nonstop for five hours
- Tracks your sleep quality
- Bluetooth music player
- Long lasting battery
- 24/7 fitness tracker
- Comfortable to wear
- Reduced battery life when using Bluetooth music player and GPS at the same time
Why opt for Water-resistance?
Smart devices today very vulnerable to damage, especially from water. But the good thing is that you no longer have to worry about your fitness tracker being damaged by water, as there are now waterproof trackers available in the market. If you are still seated on the fence on why you should buy a waterproof fitness tracker, consider the following reasons:
You can wash your activity tracker to enhance hygiene
Activity trackers have become constant companions, and many of us cannot leave the house without them. This means that in the course of the day, the device will be exposed to germs, sweat, and all kind of dirt. With time, the fitness tracker can become very dirty.
And as you normally clean your hands every time you have to take a meal, you ought to consider cleaning the activity tracker as well. This means being able to use a microfiber cloth and water to remove the germs and dirt that have accumulated on the device. By doing this, you will not only improve your personal hygiene, but you will also get to improve your overall health.
A waterproof fitness tracker can be washed, which means that you will get to improve your health, while keeping track of your fitness goals.
Waterproofing adds on to the convenience that come with having a fitness tracker. You get to track your fitness goals while bathing or working out. For kids, remember that they like to play with water a lot, and getting them a waterproofed fitness tracker will help guarantee that they will not damage these devices.
What’s more, you can go swimming with your buddies over the weekends or holidays without worrying about the gadget. The fact of the matter is that waterproofing the fitness tracker helps in removing the hindrance that come with using this gadget.
Factors to consider when Buying
When looking for a waterproof fitness tracker, you will need to begin by considering the functions that you desire to have in a tracker. Once this is determined, you can now refine your search options to match your personal preferences and style.
Some of the features you will need to consider during your search will include:
When you make the decision to purchase a fitness tracker, the first thing you need to ask yourself is why you are looking to purchase one. Fitness enthusiasts tend to have different reasons for wanting this gadget.
Narrowing down on why you want one will help you make a decision on the kind of band that you will need to keep track of your fitness goals.
It could be that you are only interested in a band that will track all your fitness activities. Additionally, you could also be looking for something that will boost your morale, while at the same time keeping records of all your activities. Determine what you want, and why you need it before you head out to the shops.
Many modern-day trackers have been designed to be worn around the wrist. However, there are also those that can be clipped to your clothes or worn as a pendant. Devices manufactured in past years were intended to appear more functional.
But designers have today become conscious of user styles. You, therefore, have the option of choosing a device based on colors, shapes, and materials that have been used in making them. Go for a style that you can wear on any day, regardless of what you will be doing.
Advanced trackers are recommended for those that want to use them for training purposes as they are able to reveal their data in a variety of ways, e.g., face-like displays, symbols, numbers, and through the use of words.
Additionally, there are those that share the same information through the use of LED light displays or by syncing the data with a mobile phone app.
For cases where the data is synced, it means that the computer or smartphone app will not come in handy in archiving the information, but it will also make it easier for you to interpret and analyze this information.
How often will you be coming into contact when you are working out? This is one of the most important considerations that you will need to make. There are trackers that are splash proof, while others are in a position to withstand lots of water, e.g., outdoor or indoor showers. If you intend to wear your activity tracker when swimming, make sure it is waterproof.
The battery life is traditionally dependent on how sophisticated the gadget you have chosen is. There are those that will only last for a few hours, while others will last for a few months, and may last for as long as twelve months.
Activity trackers that come equipped with numerous sensors, and an accompanying touchscreen will normally require to be charged more often than those that only have a simple LED display.
What is worth noting is that all activity trackers can be charged. The most commonly available trackers are those that use the coin cells, which are normally found in calculators and cameras.
No tracker in the market can be said to be foolproof. Remember that these wearable devices use algorithms and sensors for them to be able to be able to parse the total number of hours slept, your daily number of footsteps, stairs climbed, punches thrown, and laps swam.
What this means is that you can expect them to come with some imprecision. For those that are interested in hard data, they will need to get a device that is function-specific.
Before you pull out your credit card, confirm that your smartphone is compatible with the device you want to purchase. Purchasing a device that only syncs with iOS will not be of help to you if you are on the android platform, and vice versa. Confirm that the two gadgets are compatible before you make a purchase.