dead sea mud
Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, How to Use, Soap, Scrub & Reviews
Dead sea mud is one the most sought mud. What is exactly is it and what benefits does offer? How is it used as a face mask, body wrap or bath and hair mask? How good and beneficial is it for skin problems such acne? What do user reviews say about its products (masks & soaps)? Read on find out in addition to before and after pictures and safety precautions when using this mud.
What is Dead Sea Mud?
- What is Dead Sea Mud?
- Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
- How to use Dead Sea Mud Mask for Eczema & Acne on Face + Benefits
- Best Dead Sea Mud Mask Reviews & Products
- Dead Sea Mud Soaps Reviews, how to make Recipe
- Dead Sea Mud Mask & Soap Safety/Precautions/ Side Effects
- Where to buy Dead Sea Mud, Wholesale and Personal Use
Dead sea mud is clay that comes from the Dead Sea, a salt lake bordered by Jordan to the east and Israel and Palestine to the west. In the Bible, it is referred to as the “Salt Sea” or the “Sea of the Arabah,”
Mud is a suspension of very fine clay particles in water. Mud forms a substantial fraction of the material transported by some of the world’s great rivers and of its most fertile soils.
The Dead sea mud is black in color (called Dead Sea black mud). The mud is a homogenous mixture of Dead sea minerals which may help in decreasing some skin diseases and relieves pains and rejuvenates skin cells.
How it forms and Ingredients
The mud is believed to be derived from old sediments or the red brown soils which are swept into the sea during the winter season. It is the black mud harvested from the banks of the Dead Sea. It is in fact sediments of silt washed down from the surrounding mountains and deposited on the shores of this inland salt sea.
Layer upon layer of fine silt deposits evolve over many years to form rich Dead sea mud containing particularly high levels of magnesium, calcium, potassium, strontium, boron and iron. The mineral rich Dead Sea mud is a natural material that can be used by the body as a source of essential minerals.
The mud contains high concentrations of minerals in addition to zinc and sodium and with the high mineral content; the mud helps to maintain a healthy looking skin that looks fresh and clean. The composition and the form of Dead Sea mineral mud depends on the manufacturer.
As part of the mud there are a large number of minerals, organic and inorganic substances, micro and macro elements, gases and biologically active substances.
Dirt 39%, consists of a liquid phase to58% of a solid, 3% organic substances.
The solid phase: contains water soluble minerals (rock salt and aragonite)soluble in hydrochloric acid minerals(carbonates,dolomite,calcite,mica)and minerals that are not soluble in either water or in hydrochloric acid(kaolinite,montomorillonite,quartz,feldspar).
In the interstitial fluid of the Dead sea mud detected: sodium,calcium,potassium,strontium,magnesium,lithium,chlorides,sulfates,bromides and bicarbonates.
The mud also contains a large amount of colloidal iron sulphide, barium, manganese, cadmium, lithium and phosphorous. Dead Sea mud a uniform plastic mass whose color varies from dark gray to grayish-brown and black.
The substance is very salty in taste and has expressed specific sulfur smell mined in the Dead Sea peloids (mud) which have a high quality indicator; their mud ratio is greater than 7:8.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
1. Provides relief for disorders
Symptoms of skin disorders e.g. psoriasis, eczema and acne can be controlled by using Dead Sea mud. Due to its rich mineral content, which accelerates natural exfoliation and restores your skin’s PH balance. Dead Sea mud is not a permanent healer, but regular use of it can provide physical relief and keep your skin disorder under control.
A study by the Dead Sea Research Center(DSRC) a non-profit organization have also shown Dead Sea mud is useful for treating skin conditions in addition to vitiligo especially when used with adjunct therapies, such as Dead Sea bathing, moisturizing creams and increased sun exposure.
2. Improves the look of facial skin
A Dead Sea mud mask can improve the appearance of your facial skin by improving elasticity and minimizing pores, wrinkles and lines. When it dries toxins that may be present in your skin cells from your everyday diet are drawn out. Your face will feel clean and refreshed.
3. Promotes hair growth while preventing hair loss
Dead Sea mud mask can also be helpful to prevent hair loss. Heredity, stress and scalp infections can cause hair loss. When blood vessels in the hair follicles shrink, food and oxygen are cut off. This prevents hair protein that is essential for hair growth from forming. Hair growth is stunted and hair falls out prematurely. To use the mud for this benefit, massage it into your scalp and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual.
4. Reduces the appearance of cellulite
Dead Sea mud has a high concentration of minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. These minerals promote blood circulation, relaxing your nerves. Cellulite is the fat that causes a cottage-cheese like appearance on your body.
Fat and body fluids become trapped in your skin tissues near the surface of your skin. Massaging Dead Sea mud on the areas with cellulite stimulates the blood circulation and cleanses toxins out through your pores. This helps flatten out the cottage-cheese bumps.
5. Reduces arthritic knee pain
Researchers from Ben Gurion University found that patients treated with mud compresses taken from mineral rich Dead Sea reported less knee pain from osteoarthritis. For fewer patients treated with mud without minerals reported improvement. The high concentration of minerals in Dead Sea mud helps ease knee aches and pains by stimulating the circulatory system and relaxing the nerves.
6. Increases circulation
If you have ever noticed after doing a facial your skin looks red it is because facials stimulates blood flow and body masks or wraps do the same thing. Circulation helps bring vital nutrients and oxygen to your cells and carry away toxins and wastes which are essential to a healthy and normal cell functioning.
7. Dead Sea mud can eliminate stretch marks
Stretch marks often occur with pregnancy or a sudden increase in weight although they are nothing serious they do leave a hideous mark that many women find uncomfortable. Treating stretch marks with Dead Sea mud is essentially the same as treating cellulite.
8. Acne fighting
If acne is your main problem, this product contains ingredients that will possibly lessen the possibility of acquiring acne on your face.
9. Fewer chemicals
Manufacturers in modern world use chemicals in products with an aim of maximum profits. Chemicals do more harm than good to users. Some beauty products being sold in the market affects users negatively when applied. Pimples, rashes and bleaching are some of the negative effects chemicals cause. This is why using natural cosmetics like dead sea mud masks is recommended due to the fact that they have less or no chemicals at all.
10. Mineral rich
The dead sea mud is very unique in that its mineral rich and this should be good news to users all over the world because they stand to gain a lot from these minerals. The skin gets more than enough minerals when one uses natural cosmetics like deep sea masks.
How to use Dead Sea Mud Mask for Eczema & Acne on Face + Benefits
How can dead help in improving your skin health? Read on to find the benefits and how to use it on face, full body skin to treat problems like acne, ezcema and psoriasis
What does dead sea mud do for your skin?
Mud from the dead sea works great for common skin issues such acne, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkle lines, dryness itching and dullness.
It helps soften and sooth your skin when used gently.
In addition, it helps reduce redness, itching, swelling as well as leaving your skin clean and refreshed.
Circulation which is brought about by the mud from dead sea helps to bring vital nutrients and oxygen to your cells and also carry away toxins and wastes all essential for a healthy and normal cell functioning. Dead Sea mud is high in minerals such as sodium, chloride, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium so it helps in nourishing the skin.
From what you have learnt, this mud is one of the best skin care ingredients in nature for any adult acne and/or individuals with aging skin. If you want to turn back the hands of time, this is the remedy that you should give a try. It can help purify the skin off all the toxins and dirt that is likely to get lodged in the pores. It contains natural minerals, which act like vitamins for your skin; it is also a great alternative to a chemical peel.
Dead Sea mud mask is suitable for almost all skin types, but it is mostly effective for skin suffering from a functional imbalance. For example, with skin suffering from excess oils, the mask balances and calms typical irritation and redness. Applying the mask 2 or 3 times a week will generate healthy, radiant skin with a smooth decorative finish
Dead Sea face mask recipe and how to use for acne and other skin conditions
First you gather your ingredients, for this recipe you will need very few ingredients
- Mixing bowl.
- Glass decanter with a lid half a cup Dead Sea mud.
- 4 drops lavender essential oil.
- 3 drops chamomile essential oil.
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil.
Second, you can any of the oil you want to make your mask but for the above recipe lavender essential oil, chamomile essential oil and peppermint essential oil were used because of various reasons which include:
Lavender essential oil: it is widely used in lotions, infusions, gels and perfumes. The oil is not only great for relieving stress and tension but it also disinfects your skin and can also treat respiratory problems.
Chamomile essential oil: it is a natural soother and it works great as an anti-inflammatory. It relaxes skin irritations such as eczema and acne. It also reduces the irritation on sunburns.
Peppermint essential oil: it is mostly used in soaps, shampoos, chewing gum, ice cream and tea. Its health benefits include the ability to treat nausea, headaches and respiratory problems. It also contains minerals and nutrients including manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and copper.
Third, you can pour half cup of Dead sea mud into a large mixing bowl, Then add the oils,4 drops of lavender oil,3 drops of chamomile and 1 drop of peppermint oil and mix them all together with a spoon.
Lastly, pour the mask into the glass jar. This is then stored for further uses. Make sure that the jar has a lid before using it and it will be done. The Dead Sea mud mask can be used weekly if you have a dry or sensitive skin for those with normal to oil skin types you apply twice a week.
What to remember
Always do a small skin test first to check if your skin type can handle the strength of the mineral content and salt in the mud product. Many Dead Sea mask are diluted with water and or fillers, castle baths mud is pure and powerfully full of mineral content.
When you open up a Dead Sea mud which had been sitting, the salty seas water will separate from the mud somewhat and float to the top you should stir at back to a constancy mud base.
Use on face Directions
- Apply sparingly Dead Sea Mud applied too thick will cause the mud to not dry properly.
- If you have a sensitive skin, or wax your upper lip area do not mud this area.
- Always apply on the face using upward strokes. Never pull the face skin downward. Gravity does enough of that for you.
- Be gentle around the eye area. Be careful not to get the Dead Sea mud in your eyes.
- Leave the mud on the skin for 7-12 minutes allowing the mud to slightly dry. If the mud begins to crack and itches that means it has been on for long. Rinse off when the mud begins to feel dry or itchy
- If you notice blemishes arising after using this mud you may need to wait a week and detox again due to the toxins in your pores being lifted and extracted.
- The mud is not designed to remove blackhead in one use, you will need several applications and never pick blemishes or blackheads.
Mud body wrap/Bath
Dead Sea mud body or wrap is also one of the favorite body treatments. It detoxifies the body, improves skin tone, texture and clarity because it increases circulation, pull out toxins and nourish the skin with all the essential minerals found in the Dead Sea such as calcium,magnesium,iron,potassium and boron.
For a body mask you need the following:
- Warm Dead Sea mud.
- Container for mud.
- Microwave or water bath.
For a wrap, you use the above items plus:
- Old cotton sheet.
- Warm, heavy blanket
- Optional: new plastic paint drop cloth
- Optional: inexpensive natural bristle paint brush.
The treatment is done once a week as a regular part of your health maintenance regimen. Prior to the treatment you should do the following.
- Drink plenty of water an hour prior to your treatment for hydration purposes.
- Get the room warm in order for the mask to dry quickly.
- Dry skin brush which will help to exfoliate your skin and promote circulation.
- Take a Dead Sea salt bath which has therapeutic benefits to enhance positive results of the mud treatment.
- Figure out if you want to apply it as a mask or a wrap. If you want to do a wrap, you may need someone to help cover you with a blanket after wrapping yourself with an old sheet. If you are applying it as a body mask, simply hang out in your tub or shower until its dry.
Benefits & uses for hair
The dead sea/black mud cleanses your hair and scalp while helping to remove dandruff mud leaves your hair soft, with a healthy shine.
How to use as a hair mask
- Massage mud to your scalp and then work throughout your hair.
- Allow mask to set up for 20 minutes before rinsing out thoroughly.
To remove the mask
For face: use a wet lukewarm or cool soft wash cloth and lay on your face for a few seconds to soften, the mask, then rinse the remaining mud off with warm water. Try not to scrub as you remove your mask.
For the body try hoping into a warm shower to rinse the mask.
Dead Sea Mask before and after Pictures
Below are pictures showing before and after results of using this mud for face acne and the whole body.
Before and after Picture #1
Before and after Picture #2
Before and after Picture #3
Best Dead Sea Mud Mask Reviews & Products
Some of the most popular dead sea mask brands in the market include;
Ahava’s dead sea essentials chamomile mud mask
It is a spa mud mask created to detoxify and purify skin your skin. It suited for delicate skin on face. In addition to pure dead sea mud, it comes with chamomile which enhances the mud’s soothing ability. Chamomile also acts as as an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-allergen
Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Face Mask
According to the manufacturer, it is meant for Ultra deep pore cleanse. It draws out impurities and opens blocked pores to leaving your skin clean and soft
Que bella dead sea mud mask review
In addition to dead sea minerals in the mud, Que bella dead sea mud mask is comes with,
- Seaweed extract for nourishing,
- Natural beeswax
- Aloe vera, to soften skin properties
All this combined work to cleanse your pores and replenish tired skin.
Bio sea dead sea mud mask
This a unisex organic product for all skin types. The main ingredient is dead mud sea mud
Seacret dead sea m4 mineral rich magnetic mud mask
If you are looking for smoother, more radiant, healthier and youthful skin this the mud mask to go for.
SEACRETTM’s Mineral-rich Magnetic Mud Mask (M4) revitalizes your skin by a mechanism known as Biomagnetism.
How does it work?
When apply the mask on your face, the iron powder in the mask is magnetized, creating microelectric currents that gently relax your skin while the minerals in dead sea mud, essential oils, ad Vitamin PRO B5 and E moisturize, nurture, and rejuvenate.
Rivage dead sea facial mud mask
For those who dealing with loose skin, rivage is the best. Rivage dead sea facial mud mask
comes with precious minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium and others that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging and fatigue. Its deep penetrating action absorbs excess oil, sweeps away dead cells and nourishes the skin leaving it revived and hydrated.
It is meant to be used on all skin types.
Authentic, premium 100% Pure Dead Sea mud
Authentic, premium 100% Pure Dead Sea mud is an extremely rich and powerful deep cleanser and anti-aging spa treatment so ideally it is for any of the following groups:
- Men and women over 30 years
- Oil and/or acne tic skin
- Mature skin
Pure Body Natural dead sea mud
Pure Body Natural dead sea mud is one of the most sought brand. Below is a review both the soap and mask products.
Below is the most popular youtube video demo and review of pure body naturals by NieceY W Beauty
Other than Pure Body Naturals, there are also other mask products.
Majestic Pure Dead Sea Mud Mask
It is 100% natural formula to ensure the highest-quality product. It comes with a high concentration of salts and minerals effective in restoring a healthy rosy glow to the skin.
Excellent for face skin care, deep pore cleansing, detoxifying and revitalization. Works on Oily and sensitive skin as well. Similar to Bentonite Clay, it makes a fabulous facial mask, for shrinking pores, tightening and toning skin, removing impurities, and just making your skin look and feel great.
Art Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face, Body and Hair
It is a blend of dead sea mud and other natural ingredients that cleanses, detoxes and revitalizes your skin. The ingredients meet 100 percent natural standards, paraben free and cruelty free. This product is said to diminish wrinkles, age and sun spots, it hydrates, brightens and moisturizes skin for increased radiance
It also acts as a blackhead remover and acne treatment, drawing toxins from skin and deep-cleaning pores
More so, effective fighter against eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and cellulite for women, men and teens
Aria Star Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask
The Aria Star Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask is a 100% natural mineral-rich ingredients. The formula contains calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and more. Other ingredients include shea butter, aloe vera, and jojoba oil.
It is can be used for deep cleansing, exfoliating, and detoxifying. Both women and men can use it for the body and face.
Amara Organics Dead Sea Mud Mask
According to the manufacturer, Amara Organics dead sea mud is the purest dead sea mud available, thick and rich with minerals, not diluted with fillers. 100% Natural, Vegan & Cruelty-Free; No parabens, dyes or fragrances; Imported from Israel & Bottled in the USA. Only grapefruit seed extract has been added as a natural preservative
What does it do?
- Detoxifies impurities and restores with nourishing minerals – magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, and iron
- Clears acne, shrinks pores, tightens and smooths fine lines and wrinkles, and relieves dry, itchy, or irritated skin
- Radha Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask Review
- First Botany Cosmeceuticals Dead Sea Mud Mask
- ACEVIVI Natural Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask
Dead Sea Mud Soaps Reviews, how to make Recipe
Dead Sea mud soap removes dirt and cleanses your skin, and the essential minerals it contains helps in keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized.
Fats, oils and butters.
- 180 grams palm oil.
- 150g coconut oil.
- 150g olive oil.
- 60g Shea butter.
- 60g castor oil.
Lye –water solution.
- 84 lye (sodium peroxide).
- 228 g distilled water.
Additives at light trace
Up to 1 table spoon of sea mud clay powder (use a little of olive oil from the recipe to dilute it).
Optional: 20 to 36g of your favorite essential oils (you will need a little over 30 ml bottle the equivalent of about one fluid ounce.
Topped soap with Hawaiin black salt or sea salt(optional).This recipe makes 2 pounds of soap which produces about 6-7 bars of natural soap.
Note: the ingredients (except for additives when indicated in volume) need to be weighed and not measured.Fragnance and essential oils should also be weighed.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- Cleanses, exfoliates and removes dead skin cells.
- Tightens pores and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Claims to be effective in relieving certain skin irritations and conditions.
- Refreshes the look and the feel of your skin.
Dead Sea mud soap: Use daily generously lather over body and face then you rinse.
Dead Sea bath salts: dissolve 1-2 scoops in hot running water, once dissolved, adjust water to a comfortable temperature and soak.
One with Nature Dead Sea Mud Soap
Just like the mask, one with nature dead sea mud soap is made with sea salts and mud from the Dead Sea.
Ingredients include, Saponified Palm and Palm Kernel Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Dead Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Salt, Vitamin E
Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap
Adovia’s dead sea mud soap is gentle but deep cleanser to wash away oil, bacteria and impurities. While infusing your skin with essential minerals. It washes away oils and leaves skin smooth and with a naturally healthy “Glow”.
Mud Soap Seacret
Fights off blackheads and acne while helping you an even complexion
Other popular dead sea mud soaps include Vivo
Generally, individuals love dead sea mud products because it makes their skin silky, soft and leaves it hydrated after use.
As said earlier, its creamy texture results in both its application and removal being easy and enjoyable. People with acne have noticed an improvement in swelling and redness while those with acne scars have seen them heal well.
Those who have used the Dead Sea mud agree that the product:
- Helps with pimples, blackheads and other types of blemishes.
- Fades redness and acne scars.
- Natural exfoliator.
- Reduces pore size.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Makes fine lines and wrinkles less visible.
- Helps with cellulite by stimulating blood flow and removing toxins.
Dead Sea Mud Mask & Soap Safety/Precautions/ Side Effects
As of this dead sea mud, be it the soap or the mask, seem to have no side effects when used correctly. However, if overused the mud or the products can
- Dry your skin
- The skin may chap, peel or flake
- Cause allergic reactions.
Here are safety precautions to keep in mind when using.
- Dead Sea masks are usually made of some type of mud and they are primarily used for oily skin types. Mud masks absorb oil and moisture and draw impurities out of the skin. They may also shrink pores for a smoother and younger look. They are also beneficial for those with acne prone skin, since they may help clear up pimples if used regularly.
- If you have a dry skin you should avoid most Dead Sea masks that contain mud unless they also have moisturizing ingredients. If you have a combination skin, you can apply or Dead Sea mask to the oily areas in order to make them dry. But a different mask should be used on the dry area of the skin.
- There are a variety of dead sea mud soaps and masks. It is recommended that you choose one type to give it a try before deciding to use for long term .
- When trying a new mask, dab a small portion on an area of the skin, such as your inner forearm to test for any allergic reactions. If none occurs you can then apply it on your face.
- Always follow the directions on the package or bottle for optimum benefits
- If your skin is bleeding or raw, seek the help of a physician before trying a Dead Sea mud mask.
- Don’t leave your mask on overnight.
- Do not use a mud mask in replacement of any medical treatments your doctor has prescribed you.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or crevices of the body.
- If you experience any sensitivity or allergic reactions after use, discontinue usage.
- If your skin condition shows no improvement, visit a physician.
Where to buy Dead Sea Mud, Wholesale and Personal Use
There are a wide range of Dead Sea masks and soaps for you to choose, ranging from very reasonably priced to expensive.
For personal use, you can get the mud products from online stores such Amazon, Walmart, Ulta Ebay among others. You can also get it from your local beauty supply stores.
You can also buy it directly from the manufacturer websites.
If you are a wholesaler, meaning that you intend to buy it in bulk then repackage it, you can get it from the sea itself. However, this can be challenging since not everyone can access the dead sea. Some online stores like Amazon can help.
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Mask for Face, Acne, Recipes, Reviews Before & After
- Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits, Side Effects & Results
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth Clay)
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,
- Wikipedia article Dead Sea
- Physical and chemical characterization of Dead Sea mud-Article
- http://www.ridgesoap.com/dead_sea_mud_soap_recipe.html http://www.seacretspa.com/Dead_Sea_Mud_article