A boil occurs when you experience an acute infection of your hair follicle. Some medical experts also refer to it as skin abscess. A boil can occur on various parts of your body. In this writing find out boils on in thigh causes, recurring, home remedies, medications and prevention measures.
What causes Boils on the Inner Thigh Female & Male
- What causes Boils on the Inner Thigh Female & Male
- Boils on Inner Thigh Pictures
- How to prevent boils on inner thighs
- How to get rid of Boils on inner Thigh-Home remedies
- Inner Thigh Boil Treatment Options-antibiotics, prescription drugs, ointments
- How to deal with an Infected Boil on inner thigh no head
- What does it indicate when there is…
In addition to thighs, boils can also occur in other parts of the body including; armpits, throat, neck, groin, face, and buttocks. The causes are similar in most cases. There are several reasons you may get boils on your inner thigh. Some of them are discussed below;
- Staph infection
Most boils are caused by staphylococcus aureus bacteria. This is a group of bacteria known to cause skin diseases including boils. Staph infections can therefore be pointed out as the commonest cause of inner thigh boils.
People who are overweight are likely to experience excessive sweating. Further, you may experience rubbing of inner thighs the friction of which may cause boils on your inner thigh.
- Boils from STD
If a boil appears in between your thighs is sometimes a sign that you have STD’s. When you develop a boil on your inner thigh, you will need to find out from your doctor whether or not you have a sexually transmitted disease.
People with diabetes stand a higher chance of getting boils as compared to people with normal sugar levels. Diabetic people are prone to bacterial infections. This increases their probability of getting boils on their inner thigh.
General stress levels are likely to contribute to formation of boils. Stress does not actually have a direct relationship with boils. Stress weakens your immune system and this makes you prone to getting infections and one of the results may be boils on your inner thigh.
- Weak immune system
When your immune system is weak, you are prone to boil attacks. You are a victim of any infections that come into contact with your body. That makes getting boils very easy.
- Ingrown pimple after waxing or shaving
Improper shaving or waxing is likely to cause ingrown hairs. When these ingrown hairs become infected, you are likely to develop an ingrown pimple which may turn out to be a boil.
Types of boils that occur on inner thighs
There are different types of boils that may occur on your inner thigh. Among them are the following; 1.
- These are boils that occur inform of an abscess on your skin. They are caused by Staphylococcus aureus.
Boils on Inner Thigh Pictures
Recurring Boils on Inner Thigh- Why do I keep getting boils on my Inner Thighs?
Some boils do not go away completely after healing. You may notice that another boil occurs around the same place where you previously had a boil. Such recurring boils are very irritating and may leave you with many annoying scars.
The main reason your boil will recur is if it was not treated well the first time it occurred. Apart from that, if you did not complete a dosage of antibiotics in treatment of the boil, it will most likely recur. This is mainly because; your body becomes unresponsive to the antibiotics. An incomplete dosage of the antibiotics does not totally get rid of the boil.
It is prudent that you visit your doctor should the boils keep recurring. Always carry out your treatment until you are sure the boils are completely gone.
How to prevent boils on inner thighs
There are several ways through which you can prevent occurrence of boils on your inner thigh;
- Avoid sharing personal items; If you share anything that already has the infection, you will most likely end up developing the boil. For instance, if you share a razor, you may end up spreading infections from each other. Learn to sterilize personal items.
- Wash anything that comes into contact with a boil; You are advised to wash towels, clothes or compresses that at any point came into contact with an infection. You are advised to use hot water, soap, and possibly a hot dryer so as to kill any bacteria.
- Cover a draining boil; you will realize that at some point, your boil becomes filled with pus and after a short period it may start to drain. Use a dry bandage to keep any draining boil on your body covered. You must also remember to change the bandage frequently. This is so as to keep any boils clean and dry.
How to get rid of Boils on inner Thigh-Home remedies
There are several natural remedies for boils on the inner thigh. They include the following;
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antimicrobial properties which are responsible for killing the bacteria causing the hair follicle infection. Apart from that, tea tree oil reduces the scar that is likely to be left behind one you get rid of the boil. This essential oil is one of the best oils to get rid of boils both easily and quickly.
- Take your tea tree oil and a cotton swab to begin your procedure
- Dip the swab in the tea tree oil
- Rub the cotton swab on the boil gently to ensure an even application of the oil
- Ensure that the cotton swab you use to apply the oil does not get into contact with any other part of the body as it may spread infections to other body parts
- Repeat this twice a day. Use fresh cotton each time.
Heat applications are very useful in ensuring that you get rid of boils from your inner thigh. When applied on your skin, warm compress increases blood circulation on the affected area allowing white blood cells and antibodies to fight the infection very fast.
- Soft cloth
- Warm water
- Soak the cloth in warm water then squeeze any excess water from the cloth
- Press the cloth on the boil
- You are required to repeat the procedure all day until the boil erupts and the pus is drained
- Clean the area thoroughly then apply any ointment that is medicated
Turmeric has both antiseptic and healing properties. The antiseptic nature explains why it is able to clear infections very fast. It also reduces the healing time of the boil and is thus considered a catalyst to healing of boils. When you apply turmeric, you will realize that the skin around the affected area rejuvenates in no time.
- ½ tablespoon crushed ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Make a mixture of turmeric powder and ginger with water so that you make a paste. In place of water, you can also use coconut oil when making the paste.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that aid the turmeric in getting the boil healed.
- Clean your hands thoroughly then use your fingers to apply the paste on the affected areas. Allow it to dry.
- Wash the affected area after approximately ten minutes.
Epsom salt, referred to as magnesium sulfate, draws out all the moisture from the affected area. This causes dehydration of the bacteria that cause the infections and hence they end up dying.
- Soft cloth
- 2 tablespoons Epsom salt
- A bowl of hot water
- Put hot water in a small bowl then add Epsom salt to make a mixture
- Soak the soft cloth in this water
- Wring the excess water and then place the cloth on the area that has been affected
- Leave the cloth on the boil until the cloth attains room temperature
Alternatively, fill a bath tub with warm water then add a cup of Epsom salt. Soak the affected area in the bathtub for a couple of minutes. Warm water helps your thigh to relax. Apart from that, it facilitates proper blood circulation on the affected area helping the boils to erupt.
Apple cider vinegar
Known to be a microbial agent, apple cider vinegar aids in killing the bacteria which causes the infection on the hair follicle. It also restores the PH levels of your skin.
- Cotton pad
- Apple cider vinegar
- Into apple cider vinegar, soak the cotton pad.
- Squeeze out the excess vinegar and then place it on the boil
- Leave the vinegar on the boil for about ten minutes
- Repeat the procedure several times in a day
Garlic has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This is because it contains sulfur rich compound. It is these properties that explain its ability to accelerate the healing process of a boil.
- 3 garlic cloves
- Crush the garlic then squeeze it so that you extract the juice
- Apply this on the inner parts of your thighs then allow it to dry
- Allow the juice to work on the boil and that means you should stay for several hours before rinsing it off
- Carry out the procedure two times a day
Onion, like garlic, has compounds that contain sulfur. Onions have antimicrobial properties that explain its power to fight bacteria. That aside, they contain antioxidants and flavonoids all which work together to heal the boil and protect the skin.
- Surgical tape
- Onion slices
- Take your onion slice and place it on the affected area which you then cover with a surgical tape
- Leave the onion on the boil for few hours. Repeat the procedure after every fur top five hours.
Aloe vera has been used to treat so many infections that are related to the skin. It does not only has antiseptic properties but it also healing properties. Aloe vera acts like a pain reliever and quickens the healing process of the boil.
- Aloe vera gel
- Squeeze the aloe vera to get the juice (sap)
- On the painful bumps, apply the aloe vera gel
- Repeat the procedure each day until you see results
Toothpaste has been used for long periods now to get rid of annoying pimples. In the same way, you can use toothpaste to do away with a boil on your inner thigh. Toothpaste works by absorbing moisture from the boil and reduces the time it takes to burst.
- Apply toothpaste on the boil then leave it for sometime
- Clean the toothpaste then apply it after a few hours
Black seed oil
This is oil obtained from the plant referred to as Nigella sativa. It has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties all of which are useful in treatment of boils.
- A cup of cold beverage (you could also use hot beverage)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black seed oils
- Add the oil to the beverage
- When it has mixed evenly, drink it
- You are required to drink it two times in a day
This is an herb commonly used in boosting immunity. It has been found to have immunity boosting properties. This herb enhances how well your body reacts to infections. When you drink Echinacea tea it aids the ease with which the body fights and eliminates harmful bacteria from your body.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon of Echinacea herb
- To a cup of water, add echinacea and allow it to steep for some minutes
- Drink this herbal tea at least two cups a day for the best results
Several compounds that act as antimicrobial and antibiotic agents have been identified in potatoes. These properties explain the ability of potatoes to aid in healing of your boil on the inner thigh.
- cotton balls
- 1 small raw potato
- Peel your potato then grate it. Squeeze the juice from the potato
- Soak the cotton ball in the juice then place it on the boil
- Apply the juice gently and evenly
- Leave the cotton soaked in the potato juice on the boil for several minutes
- Using clean water, rinse the affected area
- You are advised to repeat the procedure with a clean cotton ball about four times a day
Also referred to as Indian lilac, neem has antimicrobial properties and anti-inflammatory properties. They both work together to heal the boil by reducing the pain and doing away with any swelling around the boil.
- Fresh neem leaves
- To make a smooth paste, crush the neem leaves and grind them while adding water
- Apply the paste on the boil then cover it with the bandage
- After a few hours, remove the bandage and cover the boil with a new one.
Inner Thigh Boil Treatment Options-antibiotics, prescription drugs, ointments
When you visit your physician, you are offered medication for the boil. Some of the possible prescriptions include the following;
- Benzocaine ointment
When applied on the boils, benzocaine eases you of the pain. It does that by obstructing the pain signal transmission. You are advised to apply only a small amount of this ointment as too much of it can be harmful. Some of the side effects associated with this ointment include; seizure, respiratory failure, and uneven heart rhythm.
This is an antibiotic used in treating boils. it is a topical antibiotic which should be used in small amounts. You are required to apply it three times a day. You are advised not to use the antibiotic for longer than 2 weeks. When used for long periods, it brings resistance to antibiotic medication in your body.
It is also a topical antibiotic and belongs to the class of monoxycarbolic acid. Topical applications of this antibiotic kills bacteria that are responsible for any skin infections. To treat the boil, you are required to apply this ointment three times a day. You should only apply small amounts of the ointment and you should only use it for at most two weeks.
The mostly prescribed penicillin for treatment of boils is flucloxacillin. These antibiotics are taken orally, four times in a day. Preferably, you should take them an hour or two before your meals. You must take the antibiotics in full dosage if you are to obtain the best results.
How to deal with an Infected Boil on inner thigh no head
You may sometimes develop a boil that does not have a head. Boils that do not have a head are usually very painful and irritating. A boil that has no head is mostly considered as not mature. With time, the boil may develop a head.
You are advised to use warm compress to bring your boil to the head. After using a warm compress for several days, you will realize that the boil head shows up and that way you can drain it. In case of extreme discomfort, you are advised to visit your doctor.
What does it indicate when there is…
The boil on the inner side of your thigh could take different appearances and dimensions. The following is a discussion on some of the dimensions.
Blood filled boil inner thigh
The boil that is filled with blood is in most cases very painful when touched. This therefore means that it is not ripe to be popped. It appears red in color and at times will feel warm. In other cases, the presence of blood filled boils mean that the skin area is irritated and thus injuring the internal tissues releasing blood.
Purple boil inner thigh
There is evidence that the appearance of purple boils indicates an underlying cancerous condition. When this happens, you should reach out to your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor will be able to diagnose and if possible rule out any possibility of cancer.
Huge/ big boil on inner thigh
Sometimes, the boil may grow huge especially if it is not treated soon enough. When it is filled with a lot of pus, it may appear very huge. Inflammation is also part of what increases the size of the boil. Huge boils in most cases come with a lot of pain.
Sometimes, you may also notice that swollen lymph nodes appear due to the infections. You however need not to worry as swollen lymph nodes are not that dangerous.
Cluster/Multiple boils on inner thigh
The medical term that is used to refer to cluster boils is carbuncle. They are painful group of boils that are highly connected to one another. The clusters are most prevalent in areas of your body that are hairy. The inner thigh is just one of such areas. Most of the cluster or multiple boils are brought about by the bacteria staphylococcus aureus.
Blackheads and boils on my inner thighs
The occurrence of blackheads in your thigh is a result of the accumulation of the sebum thus blocking the hair follicles. Excessive sweating, razors and some lotions as well as creams could lead to formation of blackheads. Their occurrence is not painful when they affect the skin. They are the attributors of dark thighs among some individuals.