Is biotin effective for beard growth? How does it help men to grow facial hair? How much do you need to take? Will women taking biotin for hair growth on head also trigger unwanted facial hair? Read on to learn more in addition to reviews, before after pictures, creams and capsules of vitamin B7 for beard
How good is Biotin for Beard Growth?
Apart from being useful in helping the skin be healthy, aid growth of tissues, it also plays an integral role in the growth of hair.
Beard is hair just like any other hair on your body. Basing on the fact that there’s some evidence that biotin can boost your hair growth in terms of health and strength…it of course can do the same thing to your beard. Taking biotin supplements such as pills will definitely affect the growth of your beard. Do not expect results overnight.
How does biotin work for beard growth?
Based on those who have used biotin on their beards, it has been reviewed that it brings about lessened hair shedding. In the long run, this implies that there is creation of a stronger bond between the hair follicles and the hair. There is however no conclusive clinical trial conducted to ascertain this. There is a study from the University of Maryland Medical Center that basically says the evidence that biotin improves brittle hair is weak.
Comparative studies show that when you have biotin deficiency, the body is incredibly tough time growing hair, be it on top of the scalp or on your beard. The use of biotin supplements normalizes the growth yet again. The rejuvenating properties of biotin for hair and scalp aids in the development of new cells are very critical in reversing hair loss.
Benefits of using biotin vitamin for facial hair growth
First of all, biotin helps to strengthen keratin in your body. The effect on keratin is also seen in the nails. Therefore, the stronger the keratin in your body, the stronger the hair follicles and the faster the growth of hair.
Apart from that, biotin helps to improve the speed and the quality of hair on your face. It also improves the appearance of the hair on the face. The look of healthier hair is always smoother and more appealing when looked at.
Biotin facial unwanted hair growth women
Many women wonder if taking biotin will lead to unwanted hair growth especially on their face. Fast, it is important to note that hair growth in some parts of the human body is controlled by hormones. Women develop excessive body or facial hair due to higher-than-normal levels of androgens, including testosterone. The fact is, all females produce androgens, but the levels typically remain low. Certain medical conditions can cause a woman to produce too many androgens which can lead excessive hair growth.
Some women report that biotin has led to more hair growth on their face. This is likely possible if you are already having issues with androgens. In normal situations biotin cannot encourage new hair growth.
Dosage-how much Biotin to take for Beard Growth?
FDA recommends 35 mcg of Biotin for 19 years and older. On the other hand according to WebMD, the appropriate dose depends on several factors such as the user’s age and several health conditions. Currently, there are no appropriate ranges for the doses of biotin. For pregnant women of all ages, the approximate recommended dosage is 30 mcg daily and 35 mcg for lactating women.
The Mayo Clinic’s dosage recommendation for adults is between 30-100 mcg per day of biotin. On the other hand, The Institute of Medicine’s Food and Nutrition Board recommends that adults should get 19.30 mcg of biotin per day. The dosages range according to your age, and if you are actually biotin deficient or not. According to the Institute of Medicine, listed below are the Biotin RDA for different ages
- Ages1-3 should take 8 mcg
- Ages 4-8 should take 12mcg
- Ages 9-13 should take 20 mcg
- Ages 14-18 should take 25mcg
- Adults should take 30 mcg or 35mcg(lactating) Observations from reality continues to vary as different dosages seem to work for different people. Many people claim to have grown their hair longer and thicker after using 5000mg of biotin on a daily basis in two halves- in the morning and the evening. This does not work for everyone though. Due to the fact that it does not work for everyone, you are advised that you start with a lesser dose of 2500mcg and then make gradual increase as you monitor the progress till you get the much that works for you.
There are some other individuals who have shown to encounter hair growth after using 100mcg of biotin. This is so especially in those who lack sufficient biotin in their body. This is rather contradictory and therefore means that there is not enough scientific evidence that backs up the above reviews and reports. The general caution is that you should never exceed a dose of 10000mcg a day. Always start with small doses and then increase gradually.
Best Biotin Pills/Tablets for Beard Growth
- What some of the best brands of biotin supplements in form of pills or tablets
Biotin exists in different forms in the market. There are creams, liquids, capsules and lotions. The best to promote full-length hair growth is the use of hair tonic lotions and sprays on a regular basis on your hair. Pills and tablets are the most potent and dominant in the market. They are the most tolerated and easily used except that some capsules and tablets are hard to digest. The gels are the most preferred because they are the easiest to digest and supply the body with vitamins and therefore help in the keratin growth and strength. The available brands are sold in terms of dosage forms and they include:
- Biotin 5000mcg
This is the most popular supplement of the biotin supplements. This is because of the ease of consumption as you will not take many pills per day. The pills are taken in a divided dose of 2500mcg a day, perhaps in the morning and evening. Some people prefer taking it in the evening. You should take it with meals to avoid stomach upsets and also help in the absorption.
- Biotin 1000mcg and 10000mcg
This is a prescription that is given by some practitioners of medicine and dermatology. It is a safe supplement with minor side effects, some of which you will learn of them in the course of time. However, it is good to consult your doctor before you go ahead with this.
- Nature’s bounty
It contains the ingredients soybean oil, gelatin, vegetable glycerin, yellow beeswax and titanium dioxide color. It is package in the dosages of 5000mcg.
This is a once daily dose of multivitamin supplement that has natural foods based ingredients. You only need to take a single tablet for a day. Always ensure that you consult your healthcare professional prior to use if you have or suspect a medical condition, are taking prescription drugs, or are pregnant or lactating.
Biotin for Facial Hair Growth before and after results
Below are pictures before and after taking biotin for beard growth
Is there a Biotin Cream for Beard Growth?
There are creams that can be used to promote beard growth. It is applied and then massaged in. it nourishes the hair directly and makes it healthier, thicker and darker. It is preferred when there are certain interaction problems which brings about some side effect symptoms after too much of the vitamin supplement.
When using the cream, always:
- Focus on the areas where hair is thinning to encourage it to grow thicker.
- Massage thoroughly into the scalp to stimulate blood flow and increase the effectiveness of the product on the growth of your hair.
- Know that some creams and oils help improve the structure of your hair besides nourishing it.
Reviews & Testmonials/Stories
More Interesting Biotin Information
- Biotin for Weight Loss/Gain
- Benefits of Biotin for Skin-Does it Cause Acne?
- Benefits of Biotin for Nails, Dosage & Reviews
- Biotin Hair Growth-Does it help/Work? Pills, Rate, Reviews, Pictures & Results
- Benefits of Biotin for Skin-Does it cause Acne
- Benefits of Biotin for Dogs, Horses and Cats
- Foods with/ Rich/High in Biotin
- Biotin for Hair Loss Effectiveness, How Much Biotin for Hair Loss & Reviews
- Biotin Side Effects, Is Biotin Safe?
- Biotin Dosage for Nails, Hair Adults, 5000mcg, Overdose, How Much Biotin is Too Much – Side Effects
- Biotin Supplement Reviews
- Biotin Shampoo Reviews
- Top Biotin Gummies Reviews
- Nature’s Bounty Super Potency Review
Sources & References