With a good bentonite clay mask recipe, you can enjoy the many benefits it offers for you skin and facial acne. Why bentonite mud mask? It natural, free of chemicals and pocket friendly. Read on for details including reviews, before and after results.
Statistics reveal that a good number of individuals especially women use billions of dollars in purchasing skin toners most of which contain harsh chemicals. Acne can attack anyone depending on your type of skin. This article focuses on use of bentonite as an alternative treatment for acne compared to other chemical-containing skin toners available in the market.
Bentonite Clay Mask – Face Acne/Pimples
- Bentonite Clay Mask – Face Acne/Pimples
- Bentonite clay mask and skin problems Treatment
- How to prepare face mask for acne & Acne spots/scars
- Bentonite Clay Mask Recipes with other Ingredients
- Bentonite Clay Face Mask Before and After Results Pictures
- Possible Side Effects of Bentonite Clay Mask
- Bentonite Clay Mask Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Masks, especially face masks, are normally a go-to solution when we want to get rid of skin spots, wrinkles, lines and even dull skin. If you want to get a smooth and healthy skin, you should always apply a paste of Bentonite mud on your face.
Bentonite Clay is a very effective detoxifier which absorbs chemicals, toxins, heavy metals, and other impurities found on your face. It does so by forming an electrical charge which attracts the above mentioned substances.
Since acne on your face is caused by accumulation of toxins, chemicals, or even heavy metals on your face, getting rid of them using bentonite clay will free your face from all types of acne. Joshua Zeichner, a dermatologist in New York City, explains that bentonite clay removes excess oils that are likely to cause acne from your skin. This is because the clay is highly absorbent.
Acne scars make your face dull. Bentonite clay has blemishing properties and if applied once every week; you realize disappearance of acne scars in no time.
Whiteheads & Black Heads
Whiteheads form on your face when oils, dead skin cells and bacteria become trapped on any pore on your face. Whiteheads appear as tiny white bumps on your face. To clear these white heads, you can use a mask made from bentonite clay.
Blackheads can be very frustrating. Good news is that, you can use a mask made using bentonite clay to suck these blackheads away. Living Clay Detox powder is what makes up this mask. This is what others refer to as Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay. When making this mask, you can add an essential oil such as lavender oil so as to boost the calming, healing and clearing properties of the mask.
- 1 teaspoon Bentonite Clay
- 2 drops lavender oil
- 3 teaspoons of water
- Into a small bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them well until a smooth mask is formed
- Using your fingers, apply the mask on the face and more especially on the areas that have the blackheads
- Allow the mask to stay on your face for about 15 minutes or rather until your face feels too dry to move
- Using a warm face cloth, remove the mask. You will realize that your face starts to glow
- You are advised to apply this mask on your face at least two times in a week. Within a month, all blackheads will have disappeared. Should they recur, you can always prepare the mask following the above procedure.
Bentonite clay mask is essential in treatment of cystic acne. Most preferably, you are asked to use green clay since it is gentle to all types of skin. You will be required to make a mixture of bentonite clay, oil, milk, and water. You can also add honey until the paste formed is consistent. Rub this mixture gently on your face to form a mask which you will clean after fifteen minutes using warm water.
Bentonite clay mask and skin problems Treatment
Bentonite clay skin lightening
This clay mask lightens your face by clearing the acne marks on your face. It helps reduce any redness on the face and gives your face an even tone.
Bentonite clay mask eczema
You can get rid of eczema by incorporating bentonite clay to a warm bath every week. You can either use bentonite internally or apply externally. You will be required to choose the one that works best for you.
Bentonite clay mask anti aging
Bentonite clay mask is an anti-aging skin care product that is natural. You will make a mixture of raw honey, bentonite clay, rosehip, and some essential oils then apply it on your face so as to reduce the chances of an aging skin.
Bentonite clay mask loose skin & Wrinkles-will it tighten skin?
Bentonite clay contains several minerals and this way, it rejuvenates the skin naturally and as a result reducing wrinkles. At the time when the mask is applied, your skin feels tightened and this is explained by shrinking of the skin pores.
Bentonite clay glowing skin
Bentonite clay will nourish your skin by getting rid of dead skin cells, unwanted oils, and any other impurities. You are however advised to apply the bentonite clay mask on a regular basis as this way; you give your face a continuous glow.
You are required to wash your face with a lot water first then apply the mixture of bentonite clay and water on the face. You can also add a few drops of your preferred essential oil for best results.
Skin parasites are responsible for most skin conditions. Bentonite clay mask has healing properties and this explains its ability to kill such parasites.
Bentonite clay when applied over the night on skin tags dries them up and on the following morning, you realize how fast the skin tags have healed.
Minerals found in bentonite explain its ability to treat skin cancer. You are required to make bentonite clay mask and apply it on the affected area.
Sensitive, Dry and Oily skin
Bentonite clay nourishes your skin. It sucks off excess oils from your skin. It works best when mixed with other skin hydrating ingredients.
Bentonite clay provides you with sunburn healing as well as less peeling and scarring which come with sunburn.
Bentonite clay mask for Rosacea
Rosacea affects up to 16 million Americans. Symptoms of Rosacea include redness all over the face and can be treated using bentonite clay mask.
Bentonite clay mask for cellulite
Cellulite is associated with age, lifestyle or even diet. You can solve cellulite problem by use of bentonite which draws impurities out of your skin.
Bentonite clay mask for stomach
The antibiotic properties of bentonite clay explain why it is a good choice for treatment of stomach complications.
How to prepare face mask for acne & Acne spots/scars
Most homemade face masks target people with oily faces and those who are highly prone to acne. Preparation of these face masks depends on the ingredients you wish to include. When using these ingredients, you need to first understand your type of skin.
A mask that worked for a friend of yours may not work for you. You will be required to settle on a suitable mask for your acne treatment. In the case where you are preparing a mask to get rid of acne spots, for instance, one of your ingredients should have bleaching properties.
Bentonite Clay Mask Recipes with other Ingredients
For faster and more lasting results, you are advised to use bentonite alongside other ingredients. This increases the value of the mask in clearing acne from your face. You must remember that when making any of the masks below, you should not use any metallic utensil; whether it is a bowl or a stirring utensil. You are advised to use probably a ceramic bowl or a glass. This is because, bentonite reacts with metals.
1. Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar mask
While bentonite clay detoxifies your face, apple cider ensures restoration of proper pH levels on your facial skin. This explains why a mask made of the two ingredients will leave your face glowing and spotless. The steps below will be helpful.
- Make a mixture of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar at a ratio of 1:2 respectively. Stir to ensure a smooth mixture. Do not add water to your mixture as it is likely to make it messy and sticky and hence very difficult to apply on the face.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your face using your fingers. Avoid the eye area to prevent possible eye irritation. If your skin is sensitive, leave the mask on your face for at most ten minutes then using water, rinse it off.
- If you have a normal skin, you can let the mask stay on your face for up to twenty minutes. The mask tightens as it dries. This way, your skin will feel tingly and warm.
- Using warm water, rinse off the mask.
2. Bentonite clay and honey face mask
Honey is yet another ingredient that when used with bentonite clay is great for acne treatment. Honey has both antioxidant and antibacterial properties. This is what makes it great in fighting acne and giving your face a glowing appearance.
- Make a mixture of bentonite clay, raw honey and water all at an equal ratio. You are advised to mix preferably a tablespoon of each. Do not prepare this mixture in a metallic utensil to avoid unnecessary and harmful chemical reactions.
- Take the mixture and apply it on your face the leave it for ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes, use warm water and a washcloth to clean the mask off your face.
3. Bentonite clay activated charcoal apple cider vinegar mask
The skin benefits that come from the three ingredients above explains why it should be the mask you are wearing for acne treatment.
- Make a mixture of a tablespoon of bentonite clay, a capsule of activated charcoal and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a ceramic bowl
- Apply the mixture on your face after a facial bath then leave it on your face for fifteen minutes
- When you feel that your face has tightened, clean the mask off using warm water and a clean cloth
4. Bentonite clay mask with charcoal
When you wish to get rid of acne from your face by detoxification, this mixture may turn out very successful.
- Make a mixture of activated charcoal; preferably 1 capsule, half a tablespoon of clay and ½ a tablespoon of water.
- Apply the mixture on your face, allowing it to stay on the face for fifteen minutes.
- Use warm water and your washcloth to clean your face
- This mask detoxifies your face and you may only need to use it once in every month. Remember, too much detoxification may expose your facial skin to harm.
5. Bentonite clay and aloe vera mask
Aloe vera has skin nourishing properties and this makes it great when used in combination with bentonite clay. Follow the guidelines below to make the mask in the best way possible.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of aloe vera gel and bentonite clay in equal amounts. You would preferably use half a tablespoon of each.
- Apply the mask on your face then leave it for about 15 minutes. Use a warm wash cloth and warm water to rinse your face. You can apply your preferred moisturizer thereafter.
6. Bentonite clay and egg mask
You can also mix egg white and bentonite clay and come up with an excellent mask which not only clears acne but also hydrates your face.
- In a bowl, make a mixture of 2 tablespoons of white bentonite clay, 1 egg white, a single drop of your preferred essential oil, and 1 tablespoon corn flour.
- After fully blending the ingredients, apply the mask onto your face and leave it until it has dried completely
- Rinse it off with a warm washcloth.
7. Bentonite clay and lemon juice mask
This is the mask you should try first if you have blackheads all over your face. Lemon juice has a natural astringent property and it sucks away impurities from your face. You require a teaspoon of lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of lemon juice. You will also need to have 1 teaspoon of water.
- Into a glass, add bentonite clay, your lemon juice and water
- Stir the mixture until you have made a good paste that can be spread
- Use warm water to clean your face so that you can allow for opening of the skin pores
- Pat your face dry then gently apply the paste all over your face
- Wait until you feel that your face has dried and feels tight
- At this point, wash your face clean using warm water and cloth
- To finalize the procedure, you are required to apply your moisturizer
8. Bentonite clay and milk mask
A mixture of raw milk and bentonite clay yields great results in treatment of acne. Raw milk contains lactic acid hydrates the skin, heals acne, and reduces pigmentation.
- Make a mixture of milk and bentonite clay in equal amounts
- Stir to make an even paste then applying it on your face
- After ten minutes, rinse your face with warm water
9. Bentonite clay green tea mask
Green tea is packed with antioxidants which are very essential in removal of facial cane.
- Add an equal amount of bentonite clay and green tea powder into a nonmetallic bowl
- Add water, an amount four times that of the above ingredients, that is, bentonite clay should be at a ratio of 1:1 with water respectively
- Wash your face then apply this paste ensuring it does not come into contact with your eyes
- To avoid an unnecessary reaction of the mask all over your face, apply it on a small area of your face and watch to see how it behaves before you can proceed
- After about five minutes, or rather, after the mask dries completely, rinse it off with warm water. It leaves your face feeling smooth
10. Bentonite clay mask with rose water
In addition to the facial skin benefits derived from use of bentonite clay, rosewater moisturizes your face, helps in detox, and improves your skin tone. You will require 3 teaspoons of both rose water, and almond oil.
- In a bowl, make a mixture of bentonite clay and rose water. To avoid clumps, leave the mixture for a few minutes so as to avoid formation of clumps.
- Stir the mixture as you add more rosewater so as to ensure formation of a thin mixture
- If you have almond oil, you can add it at this point and stir.
- In an upward motion, apply the mask on your face. Keep the mask off your lips and eyes
- For about twenty minutes, allow the mask to dry
- Using warm water, rinse off the mask then pat your face dry
11. Bentonite clay mask with witch hazel
This mask is best used when your skin is congested leading to acne break outs. Witch Hazel works like apple cider vinegar and they hence can be used interchangeably.
- Make a mixture of clay and witch hazel at an equal ratio. Half a tablespoon of each will be sufficient.
- Apply on the face and leave it for 15 minutes for effective results
- Remove the mask by use of warm water and a washcloth. This mixture can also be used to remove after acne spots from your face
12. Bentonite clay mask with turmeric
Turmeric has both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties both of which aid on clearing acne. It is used to together with bentonite clay for the best results.
- Make a mixture of half a tablespoon of turmeric and an equal amount of bentonite clay.
- Add a small amount of water so as to make a good paste. You can as well add some few drops of an essential oil
- Apply the mask on your face and after ten minutes, use warm water to rinse your face.
With Essential Oils
1. Bentonite clay mask coconut oil
Coconut oil contains antibacterial properties which aid in clearing acne from your face. You will require 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons bentonite clay and on an optional basis, you could also include lemon juice and honey.
- Mix the ingredients above until they form a spreadable mask
- Wash your face and then apply the mask on the face as soon as you wash it
- Before rinsing your face, allow the mask to stay on your face for about ten minutes
- You can repeat this procedure once a week. However, if your face is very oily, you can do it up to three times in a month
2. Bentonite clay mask tea tree oil
Bentonite clay can also be combined with tea tree oil which is a powerful antiseptic to treat acne. You will need a tablespoon of bentonite clay, 4 drops tea tree oil, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- In a small bowl, place the bentonite clay then add water until you have a spreadable paste
- Add four drops of tea tree oil then stir
- Apply the mixture on your face
- After ten minutes, rinse your face using a wash cloth and warm water
3. Bentonite clay with Olive oil
You are advised to use this mask if you have an oily and acne prone face. Olive oil has skin nourishing properties.
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon bentonite clay with half tablespoon of warm water
- Add one teaspoon olive oil and stir to make an even mixture
- Using your fingers, apply the mask on your face then leave it for about five minutes
- Rinse your face using warm water
Bentonite Clay Face Mask Before and After Results Pictures
Following are before and after photos of bentonite clay facial mask for acne.
Possible Side Effects of Bentonite Clay Mask
Despite the many benefits that come with use of bentonite, there are also side effects associated with its use. They include the following;
Bentonite clay mask causes redness
You may experience redness on your face following use of bentonite clay. In most cases, this redness is no cause of alarm though it indicates a possible reaction of your skin to bentonite clay. If you experience the redness you are advised to stop using it until you consult a dermatologist.
Bentonite clay mask allergic reaction
You are likely to experience an allergic reaction after use of bentonite clay if you skin is naturally reactive to metals or other substances in clay. For that reason, you are always advised to apply the mask on a small area of the face and observe how it reacts before applying it on your entire face.
Even that, you do not need to be scared as such reaction is associated with people who have an extremely sensitive skin.
A customer from iHerb, on May 4th, 2017 explains that, after using bentonite clay, the customer was able to get rid of many blackheads that were all over the face.
Moreover, the customer explains a reduction of the pore size on the skin after use of this clay mask. The customer states that the motivating factor towards purchasing bentonite clay was its ability to pull off excess oils and dirt from the skin.
A beauty editor, Lauren, praises bentonite clay for being cheap yet very effective in clearing terrible acne as was her case. She explains that the clay mask leaves a smooth feel on your skin as well as well opened up pores.
Bentonite Clay Mask Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Bentonite clay mask during pregnancy-is it safe
During pregnancy, most women experience acne on their faces. During this period, mothers are advised to be careful on what they use as it may affect the unborn child. Fortunately, it is safe to use bentonite clay when pregnant as it results to no bad effects to the child. However, if it reacts with your skin, you should see your doctor.
Is bentonite clay mask pulsating?
You are likely to feel as though your face is expanding and contracting after applying the bentonite mask. This happens as bentonite clay sucks off excessive oils and dirt from the face.
Does it cause a tingling effect?
According to Smartskincare, some natural substances lead to a tingling sensation when they get to the dermis. It is not common to experience the tingling sensation following use of bentonite clay mask. However, if it occurs, it is an indicator that absorption of active ingredients is taking place on the skin.
Does it unclog or cause clogged pores?
The unclogging properties of bentonite clay explain its ability to clear acne from your face. This therefore means that this clay does not clog your ski pores but rather, it opens up the facial skin pores.
Can it cause acne as well?
So far, use of bentonite clay has only been known to cure acne. Its ability to suck dirt and any other impurities on the facial skin explains why it does not cause acne but rather treats it.
According to Dr Sthalekar, a consultant dermatologist and cosmetologist, [reporting to Indiatimes.com] bentonite clay does not cause any skin problems.
However, it is important to note people’s skin are not the same. There are users who claim that it caused breakouts on their face.
Can you sleep with bentonite clay mask?
People who have stayed with bentonite clay overnight report terrible experiences and it is therefore not advisable. This is because; the longer you keep the mask on your face the more it dries and tightens your face making it hard for you to make any facial movements.
To avoid the pain that comes with the mask overly drying on your face, do not keep it overnight.
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits, Side Effects & Results
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, Acne, Soap and Reviews.
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,