Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
How effective is bentonite clay for hair? What are the benefits of bentonite clay hair mask? How can it be used for natural tresses, 4c hair and scalp treatment? Read on to find out why this healing mud is good for hair, recipes on how to use or mix it, hair wash, reviews, before and after pictures plus side effects
Bentonite Clay for Hair Benefits & What it does
- Bentonite Clay for Hair Benefits & What it does
- Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Recipe & Overnight
- How to use Bentonite Clay for 4c Hair, Natural Hair & Afro
- Bentonite Clay Hair Wash
- How to use/ mix Bentonite Clay for Natural Hair Growth/Loss
- Bentonite Clay for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment & Recipes
- Bentonite Clay Hair Before and After Results & Pictures
- Side Effects
- How often can I use Bentonite Clay on my Hair
In this section find how g good is bentonite mud for your tresses and what it does to bring about good effects.
What does bentonite clay do for hair?
Bentonite clay hair treatments are quite a mainstay in most women’s hair recipes. The clay has many benefits that can be applied for natural hair, damaged hair, dry hair and many other hair conditions. Some reviews have also shown that bentonite clay hair growth results are actually true and pleasing.
But is all this true? Can one use bentonite mud for hair loss? Can the treatment help improve natural hair, black hair and other types of hair? Let us start with the benefits of using Bentonite clay for hair as an alternative to other treatments such as the traditional hair staple, henna.
Benefits of bentonite clay for hair
You’ve definitely heard and tried many hair masks, but what exactly are the benefits of bentonite clay for hair? There is a lot that is done to hair to keep it in good condition, including shampooing, conditioning, cleansing and even moisturizing.
In a unique way, this bentonite compound that comes in the form of calcium bentonite, potassium bentonite, sodium bentonite and aluminum bentonite can provide quite a long list of benefits to your hair. Here are the most important:
This clay or mud is highly absorbent and will help clarify your hair without making it feel dry or stripped of moisture. If you have curly hair that is typically dry, this should be a great pick for making your hair soft and supple.
Another of the important benefits of bentonite clay is in its ability to clarify hair by attracting and binding impurities and dirt in hair, leaving your mane looking pure and naturally silky.
Moisturizing and Conditioning Hair with Bentonite Mud
Are you tired of that dry feel that makes your hair tangled and frizzy? Well, sometimes hair breakage comes from dryness and poor conditioning. One big solution to this is to use bentonite clay as a moisturizer and conditioner.
Bentonite Minerals for Hair
Nourishing hair is no easy task since there is a long list of minerals and vitamins that are good for hair growth, healthy hair and even long hair. But what can you gain by using this clay? Well, important of the bentonite clay benefits for hair is the mineral elements such as calcium, potassium and sodium that are found in the clay.
Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Recipe & Overnight
Most of the bentonite clay benefits for hair can be found in a well done recipe of bentonite clay hair mask. (See section on recipe below). If your hair is suffering from the damage of itchy scalp and breakage, a natural clay hair mask can help restore its health.
Bentonite clay hair masks treatment are mostly used to cure or get rid of eczema, or dandruff from the scalp. This is a DIY bentonite mud hair treatment that you can do at home my mixing a few ingredients in your recipe to enjoy the benefits, some of which can be achieved with an overnight bentonite mud hair mask treatment.
Recipe & Overnight Uses
From a quick look at the various recipes found on the internet, it is clear that you can modify the mixture as you want depending on the type of hair you have. Some people have black hair, others naturally oily hair, some looking to get rid of dandruff with a bentonite clay hair treatment recipe, others to stop hair loss with this clay, etc.
When using the hair mask, you should allow the mixture to sit on your hair for about 15 to 20 minutes. Most people cover the hair being treated with a plastic cap to help condition the hair and prevent it from drying.
Recipe#1 Hair Mask Detox
- One cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- Aloe vera juice (two-three tablespoons)
- Three drops of tea tree oil
- One cup of bentonite mud
- Extra virgin olive oil-two tablespoons
Mix together all the above ingredients in a bowl of glass using a wooden or plastic spoon. Mix until you come up with a consistent paste-not too thin or watery and not too thick. At this point the contents ought to appear like grey wet mud. If you find that your mixture is too watery, add more clay.
Apply the mud mixture to your scalp down the hair shafts. Leave on for10 minutes and rinse off
Do not let the clay mixture to get dry on your hair.
Use a few drops of olive oil to get rid of any bits of clay left in your hair. ACV helps reset your hair’s pH balance and gives great shine.
When working on your recipe, avoid using metal equipment and bowls because they will destroy the properties of the bentonite clay that are beneficial to your hair
Bentonite clay powder hair mask recipe #2
What you will need;
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay powder
- 1 additional cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Mix the powdered mud, aloe vera gel, Rosemary essential oil, and 1/2 cup ACV together in a glass bowl using a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Apply just like in the previous recipe
- Wear on a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly for the first time
- Use the remaining one cup of ACV and then let it sit for 1-3 minutes
Bentonite clay hair mask overnight treatment is highly recommended for those men and women who use too much of hair styling products and butters that are heavy.
Most results and reviews of bentonite clay for hair have shown that proper use can prevent the formation of dandruff. For people who have had dandruff and a lot of buildup in the hair, the clay is recommended for removing dandruff and
How to use Bentonite Clay for 4c Hair, Natural Hair & Afro
Natural hair has its own natural oils. Most of the time, we strip the strands of these oils and moisture when conditioning, treating and even styling. Bentonite clay natural hair treatments can really help improve your hair’s texture, growth and thickness. As you will see shortly below, yet another of the uses is bentonite clay for hair loss.
Well, this beneficial clay is not just good for people with hair problems. Even those with natural hair can apply it as a treatment to improve their hair in different ways. Bentonite clay on natural hair will make it soft, and clean. This is when you specifically use it to wash your hair.
Bentonite and 4c Hair
Most black women have type 4 locks. This therefore means that Afro-textured hair, the natural hair texture of certain populations in Africa, is actually type4
It is known to be driest thus very fragile. some describe it as kinky, wiry and with tight coils. The hair strands are thick and packed together. According to thatSister.com, type 4 is further categorized to 4A, 4B and 4C.
Without going to the details type 4c is said to be the most coil and fragile which basically implies requires more care and protection. As you will learn shortly bentonite clay is one best ingredients to protect type 4c hair.
Although, while applying the mud, you will feel some awkwardness especially with the hair being weighed down by the mud, the results of applying it will help since the clay removes frizz and buildup. Some people have noted that natural hair that is tangled up can be easily detangled when you use this mud on it.
Bentonite Clay Hair Wash
Below is a video tutorial on how to use bentonite clay for natural 4c hair, wash plus and afro
How to use/ mix Bentonite Clay for Natural Hair Growth/Loss
Can bentonite clay help hair loss prevention? Is it good for hair growth? Some premade commercial clay products are commonly used for hair growth and bentonite clay for hair is one of the most commonly sought after and marketed. So, what is the logic behind using bentonite clay for hair growth?
Premature hair loss is sometimes associated with the problem of toxins accumulating in the scalp. Dandruff too is one of the major reasons for hair loss. As discussed in the benefits of bentonite clay for hair above:
- The mud helps get rid of toxins in the scalp
- It also gets rid of dandruff
How effective is bentonite clay for alopecia or baldness? Alopecia areata is condition in which hair is lost from mostly the scalp or other parts of the body. Bentonite can be a possible remedy for this condition since, as we already seen, it removes toxins from your scalp leaving it free of infections, parasites and chemical buildup.
It is from this point that bentonite clay hair growth powders are sold because they are known to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Therefore, you can try a bentonite detox for the body and scalp to see if it helps stop hair loss.
Bentonite Clay for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment & Recipes
As you have already learnt bentonite clay can help in treating a couple of scalp conditions. One such condition is scalp psoriasis. Here are some recipes to help get rid of some of these scalp conditions.
Before getting to the recipes, it is important to note that bentonite clay for hair recipes vary a lot. Most people improvise their own recipes as they make the treatments. Always remember to protect the potency of the mud for best results. Here are two quick recipes with bentonite mud for scalp treatment
Bentonite Clay and Honey
For this honey recipe, mix the mud with a little honey and apple cider vinegar. Ensure you make a consistency like that of yogurt to make it easy to apply. If you have dry hair, add a teaspoon of almond oil to help moisturize it.
Bentonite Mud + Egg Yolk Hair Treatment Recipe
Egg yolk is one of the best ingredients for hair masks. Mix about 5 tablespoons of this natural clay with water. Add a single egg yolk and mix to a fine consistency. This is a great recipe for treating dry oily hair.
Bentonite Clay Hair Before and After Results & Pictures
Below are before and after results with pictures from people who have tried bentonite mud on their hair.
One of the most obvious effect, as mentioned earlier, is the heaviness you will experience in your hair. However, this is not such a serious side effect.
Other concern is that some brands of bentonite clay may come with traces of aluminum however the risks associated with this metal are minimal especially when it is used on hair only
How often can I use Bentonite Clay on my Hair
You’ve already the process of preparing applying is time consuming and messy, once in a week should be enough. However it depends on an individual’s
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Mask for Face, Acne, Recipes, Reviews Before & After
- Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits & Results
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, Acne, Soap and Reviews.
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,