Bentonite Clay Detox-Bath, Foot, Recipe, Benefits, Side Effects & Results
A bentonite clay detox is said to have a long list of benefits according to reviews and research. In this article, find recipes for foot, whole body bath, drug test, underarm, heavy metal and weight loss. Also find out how well it works with psyllium husk, the best between sodium and calcium, before after results, reviews and possible side effects mud recipe for detox.
Bentonite Clay Detox-Benefits & How to Use
Detoxing with bentonite clay
A Bentonite clay bath is the best way to do an external cleanse and detox. The skin will enjoy the benefits of that come with a calcium Bentonite mud bath. Here’s how to take a Bentonite clay body bath and foot bath. Also learn how to use it for kids plus the best Bentonite clay bath recipe.
Bentonite clay detox benefits
What are the benefits of Bentonite clay baths? In general, the clay is one of the most talked about detox and cleansing clays. Its detox potency comes from its properties. The clay is has negatively charged ions, which are very strong and able to attract other metals, including heavy metals that are toxic in the human body.
It is also a magnet of many types of toxins that accumulate in the body, including air passages and the gut. Here are Bentonite clay bath benefits you will get by detoxing with it. Do not be surprised that you will use it externally but enjoy internal benefits as well.
- If your skin is irritated, take a Bentonite mud bath to soothe it fast
- Allergies of the skin can also be cleared by taking a skin cleanse bath
- Afraid of premature aging signs on your skin? This is a bath for you since it has a lot of antiaging benefits
- Experts say that when applied to skin burns, the clay helps heal them fast. Therefore, if you do not want to do a Bentonite mud mask, go for a cleanse bath
- If you think you are exposed to heavy metals such as mercury, do a Bentonite mud bath to get rid of the heavy metals
- Insect bites and stings are not only soothed but also healed when you do this bath.
The benefits of this clay are beyond just the skin. Internally, the bath is also proven to clear toxin buildup in the gut or digestive system. Therefore, you can either soak in this bath in order to treat problems such as indigestion or constipation, bloating and other stomach problems.
How to use bentonite clay for detox
How is bentonite clay detox used? There are various ways you can this mud detox. The most popular ways to use are for full body and foot cleanse. Some use it internally for heavy metal detox, drug test, weight loss and underarms. Details on this coming up shortly.
Bentonite Clay Detox Bath for Foot, Body & Recipes
There are two main types of Bentonite clay baths. A foot bath and a whole body bath. Both are used to cleanse the body or do a detox – which is to get rid of accumulated toxic substances and heavy metals in the body, which cause illnesses, tiredness and many skin disorders.
Bentonite clay detox symptoms
What are the symptoms you need to do a Bentonite detox or cleanse? You need to look out for signs and symptoms of toxin buildup in the system in order to know when you need to go for a detox with Bentonite clay.
The following symptoms mean that you need a detox.
- When you feel that your joints are stiff and sometimes aching
- Symptoms such as unending fatigue or tiredness mean that your body is packed with chemical toxins and you need a detox bath
- If you have frequent digestive problems
- Dullness and poor concentration
- Very poor skin health
Do you have any of these symptoms or do your kids show these signs? It is time to get hold of your Bentonite clay bath recipe. With it, you will prepare a foot bath or a full body bath that will help clear all those symptoms listed above. See below a foot bath recipe using calcium Bentonite mud.
Bentonite clay detox bath recipe for whole body
Detox baths are aplenty these days, with some containing Epsom salts. A Bentonite clay detox bath is also just as beneficial since it helps clean the system and rid it of harmful environmental poisons that make their way into the body system.
You can prepare a Bentonite clay bath for cleansing at any temperature. If you are not a fan of using calcium or sodium Bentonite mud internally, external use through bathing can still be helpful. It will cleanse the skin.
You will still enjoy the benefits of Bentonite mud both externally on the skin and internally since, though not effectively, it can still pull out those harmful substances. One big benefit of a detox bath using this clay is that it leaves your body feeling relaxed
There are so many detox recipes using clays. Quite a wide array of ingredients also make the list of add-ons for improving the feel, effectiveness or potency of a clay detox.
Basically, Bentonite clay powder is the most important ingredient in most recipes. Some people use raw mud, but it is important to note that some of the clays may have aluminum, which is not good for your health.
So, how do you go about preparing a Bentonite clay detox recipe? Here are tips to help you with a detox or cleanse recipe using calcium Bentonite or sodium Bentonite.
- You can add lemon to the bathtub since it will aid in detoxification.
- Essential oil of your own choice can also make a good ingredient.
- Do not use too much Bentonite clay. Just a quarter a cup is enough for a single detox bath recipe.
- Ensure that you shower and clean your body thoroughly before going into a Bentonite clay detox bathtub.
- In your recipe, it is much better if you first start by dissolving the clay in a small plastic bowl rather than putting the chunks into the water.
Remember that there are many recipes out there. You could also improvise your own just as you are comfortable.
Here’s another simple Bentonite clay bath recipe for the whole body.
Ingredients include: Half a cup of aloe; a quarter a cup of kelp powder; a quarter a cup of Bentonite clay.
Instructions for making the Bentonite mud bath:
Add a little water to the ingredients above. Mix up your ingredients in a non-metallic container. Go ahead and add the mixture into your bathtub water and sit in it for about 30 minutes.
This will help cleanse the skin and soothe any discomforts you may be feeling. You may want to try other additional ingredients in your bath. Some people add some oils that are beneficial for the skin. Remember that this is also a good Bentonite clay bath for kids. It does not have any side effects on them.
How to Take a Bentonite Clay Bath
Don’t know how to take a Bentonite clay bath? This should be the easiest thing you can do. After preparing your bath as explained above, you may use a sponge to massage your body with while sitting in the bathtub.
Massaging the skin with the prepared bath will help nourish it with the minerals. Some people advise that you apply the clay on your body as a mask while standing in your bathtub, then allow the clay to dry on your skin before turning the shower on to rinse it off.
Bentonite Clay Foot Bath
If you suffer joint problems, especially in the feet, a Bentonite clay foot bath is exactly what you need to treat the pain. But first, you need to learn how to use Bentonite clay for a foot bath. A Bentonite clay foot bath will help rejuvenate your feet in four ways:
- It removes grime on your feet
- Unclogs pores and removes oil buildup to help your feet breathe
- Softens rough skin on the heels
- Gets rid of foot joint pain
To make a foot bath:
- Fill your bathtub with about 6 inches of warm water
- Add a few drops of lavender or rosemary oil for aromatherapy purposes
- Sprinkle 2 cups of Bentonite clay powder and stir to make a bath
- Put your feet in the bath for about 20 minutes and pat dry after.
Remember to moisturize your feet after the bath. You can do this by applying a foot moisturizing lotion or cream. That’s all for the Bentonite clay bath for feet.
Liquid Bentonite Clay Internal Detox Drink
Why a Bentonite clay detox bath and not just drink the clay to clean the system from inside out? Well, it is mostly the choice of the one doing the detox. The danger posed by the many fake products in the market make it difficult for most people to trust them. It is therefore safer to go for a foot detox bath or body detox bath than to drink the clay mixture.
Doing a Bentonite clay detox bath will definitely “speed healing of skin problems” [StylishRachGirl]. The clay has been approved by FDA as safe for human use. That makes it a safe medicinal or ‘herbal’ clay that can be mixed with other ingredients to help nourish the skin and become even more effective as a detox agent. Learn how to use Bentonite clay for hair too
Bentonite Clay Detox for Drug Test-THC
When talking of drug test and bentonite mud detox the questions that people need answered include;
How can bentonite clay be used for hair follicle drug test?
Liquid bentonite clay to pass drug test? Does it clean your system?
Does bentonite show up in drug test?
How fast does bentonite detox work?
There’s no substantial evidence that this mud detox can be used to pass drug test. However, there are some products that are used for drug test contain bentonite powder as an ingredient.
The manufacturers of the products say that this mud one of the best thc detox supplement.
How does it work? When taken, the mud acts like a magnetic sponge which absorbs toxins in your system. When the mud becomes hydrated it assumes an electric charge enabling it to flush through the cells whiles absorbing toxins. Some refer this as the magnetic detox method
To take it for this purpose, mix the clay with water at least two hours after eating and at least one hour before taking any medications.
How fast it will work depends on the amount of toxins in your body. Will it show up on drug test? There are chances that no one will check. Bentonite clay is not drug.
Bentonite Clay Detox Heavy Metal Detox
As mentioned earlier, the negative ionic charge of bentonite clay is robust. This negative charge pulls particles or pathogens that have a positive charge, including heavy metals, toxins
Bentonite clay is said to remove radioactive uranium, cesium or plutonium, not only from the skin but also the digestive tract. If you have been exposed to any of these toxic elements, administer clay baths or drink bentonite clay to cleanse your system.
Bentonite Clay Detox Armpits
Did you know bentonite clay is one the natural ingredients you can use to detox your underarms? Below is a recipe
- 1 tablespoonbentonite clay
- 1-2 teaspoons of water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In glass bowl mix all the above ingredients using a spoon that is not made of metal (plastic or wood)
- Mix until you get a consistency similar to that of sour cream.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your underarm and the layer stay for 5-20 minutes.
- Clean off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away
Detox with Bentonite Clay and Psyllium Husk-Weight Loss
Psyllium is a soluble fiber. It is obtained from the seeds of an herb known as Plantago ovata
There are claims that Psyllium husk and bentonite clay can a good weight loss combo. Bentonite clay is a common ingredient in detoxification diets that aim at absorbing toxins in your system and cleansing the colon.
Psyllium fiber on the other hand absorbs moisture and swells in the colon, helping to ease bowel movements and the removal of toxins
The end result is natural weight loss.
Other sources claim that when bentonite mud is eaten with juice before meals, the clay swells up and fills you up making you eat less. This eventually helps you maintain a healthy weight. There is no scientific evidence supporting the use of bentonite clay as a weight loss tool. The available information is based on personal experiences. Watch the video at the end of this article for more on bentonite and pysllium detox
Bentonite Clay Detox Side Effects
If you are using this clay detox for the first time, you may experience some short-term side effects including;
- Muscle pain
- Stiff joints
These bad effects do not last for long. They minimize as you continue to use the clay. Some users say after the second or third time the effects should start to fade away.
Bentonite Clay Detox Results & Reviews
So, what do Bentonite clay detox review say about the clay’s use? Does it get rid of accumulated toxins? Does it have any side effects? I have looked at many reviews from other users, and as it is, I have seen very few complaints, some of which are not necessarily related to the detox regime but other underlying conditions that were confused to be the side effects of using the clay cleanse.
So, does the detox work according to reviews? Largely and by far, YES, it is a very effective natural detoxifier. Here are some testimonials and reviews from real people who tried the detox.
“My results were amazing! I had more energy, clearer thinking and felt the detox effects more than I have during any previous cleanse!” [EarthsLivingClay]
“…I never imagined how amazing bentonite clay would be. I have healed terrible burns.” [EarthsLivingClay]
“I love this product for a bowel cleanse. I take it daily with psyllium husk capsules and water. I do want to be clear and say you MUST drink lots of water with this to avoid constipation. In powder form I put this into my kids baths for a detox.” [Amazon Review]
What is the Best Bentonite Clay for Detox? Sodium or Calcium?
Mainly, there are three different types of the clay, each named according to its dominant mineral. There is sodium Bentonite clay, calcium Bentonite clay and aluminum Bentonite clay. Of all these, sodium Bentonite has more “dramatic” characteristics as it can swell about 15 times its size when hydrated. Does this make it the best Bentonite clay for detox?
Basically, the properties of sodium Bentonite make it the best for detoxing because it has a stronger negative charge. Sodium Montmorillonite can therefore pull heavy metals and toxins from the system more effectively.
Calcium Bentonite is best as a mineralizer. However, although it is not a detoxifier as effective as sodium Bentonite, it still has great benefits as a detox agent. “Because it does not swell as much, Calcium Bentonite will have some tiny particles small enough to pass through the colon wall into the bloodstream…it will scavenge out toxins.” [BulkHerbStore].
More on Clay-Bentonite
- What is Bentonite Clay? Uses & Benefits-Internal, Weight Loss, Skin, Ponds + More
- Bentonite Clay Mask for Face, Acne, Recipes, Reviews Before & After
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair-Mask, 4C, Natural Hair Uses, Recipes, Benefits, Before and After
- Bentonite Clay for Teeth, How to use & Toothpaste Recipe
- Bentonite Clay Capsules-Benefits and Reviews
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Clay Shampoo-Rhassoul & Bentonite (Clay Hair Wash) + Recipes
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
Aztec Healing Clay
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Hair, Skin, Recipes, Reviews & Results
Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) Clay
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
Rhassoul (Red Morrocan, Ghassoul) Clay
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
Kaolin (China, White Cosmetic, Kaolinite) Clay
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
Other Clays-French Green Clay & Dead Sea Mud
- French Green Clay-Mask, Recipes, Powder, Soap, Benefits, Uses & Side Effects
- Dead Sea Mud- Mask Benefits, Acne, Soap and Reviews.
- Carbonated Bubble Clay Masks – Benefits, Reviews, Side Effects,
In the above foot bath section, the photo shows a wash pan for soaking the feet.
The recipe, however, is for a big bath tub. Please give instructions for a foot-size pan.
Hi Christine, Thanks for visiting Durablehealth, for a foot-size pan, all you need is reduce the amount of the ingredients: 2-3 tablespoons of bentonite clay, few drops of essential oils(Lavender or Rosemary) and enough water to cover your feet.The procedure is the same.
Do you have a recipe for bentonite foot detox pads (patches)
Hi Laurie, we are preparing one…coming soon