Supplements & Herbs
Amla for Hair- Oil, Powder Products for Hair Growth
Ever wonder why almost every Ayurvedic preparation for hair contains amla in it? Or, why it is suggested to have a piece of Amla in the diet chart of people suffering from hair loss as well grey colored hair? It’s because, the nutrients in Amla is extremely beneficial for hair growth. These days, various hair care products including hair oil containamla. Read on to know how they help in natural hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Amla for Hair Growth, Loss, Grey Color & Natural Hair
There’s no better remedy than the regular use of Amla, when it comes to deal with graying and loss of hair. According to Ray Sahelian, M.D in Ayurveda medicine, Amla or India gooseberry not only prevents hair loss and unusual graying, but also brings back the luster of brittle and unhealthy hair.
Here’s how the fruit and its juice helps in hair growth.
How does Amla fruit Juice help Hair;
Growth & Loss- Massaging your hair with Amla oil improves blood circulation and removes flakes from the scalp. This gives the pores and hair follicles enough space to breathe and produce natural oils, which further helps in hair growth.
Amla juice helps growing the hair strands stronger and thus prevents breakage and split ends. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and astringent properties that help prevent inflammatory scalp condition and keep dandruff away, which is also beneficial to prevent excessive hair fall.
To promote hair growth, amla juice can be used in two different ways. Massage it thoroughly on the scalp before shampoo or use it later as a conditioner. In both cases, you have to massage it gently through the entire scalp using your fingers.
You can also use amla oil to deal with premature hair fall. Soak, the amla powder in hot water overnight and add fenugreek seeds and coconut/olive oil to this mixture to form a paste. Regular use of this oil will give you bright and shiny hair. Moreover, it also helps in reducing hair fall, by repairing the problems like dry hair, dandruff and split ends.
Grey colored Hair- Amla juice is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which prevents unusual aging of the hair. It provides adequate nutrients and food to the hair to promote its health and thus stops premature graying. Extract the juice from fresh amla and mix it with equal amount of lemon juice. Then whip the mixture with curd to create a paste. Apply it on the scalp and leave for 45 minutes. Wash it with warm water when it gets dry. It’s better to repeat it on alternate days until you see positive results.
Amla oil natural hair- Amla oil works as a natural hair conditioner. It’s used to rinse the hair, nourishing it and conditioning the brittle hair. Regular massage of amla hair oil adds amazing shine and luster to your hair. Rinsing hair with amla helps remove calcium deposits and build-up of dirt and grime. Thus, it leaves your hair incredibly clean and healthy.
Amla juice benefits for hair
Amla juice is a rich source of nutrients which helps promote hair growth and reduces hair fall. Here’s a look into it.
- The Vit-C and antioxidants of Amla juice promotes hair growth and reduces premature hair fall
- The tannins which act as natural hair dyes. Using it on the hair acts as a mask helps in preventingpremature graying
- The minerals in the Amla juice make your hair dark and lustrous.
- Nutrients in amla stimulate hair follicles and rejuvenate the dormant follicles. It promotes hair growth
- Rinsing your hair cleanses your scalp and adds shine to it
- Since Amla is microbial, it helps cleaning dandruff from the scalp
Pure and Dabur Amla Hair Oil Reviews & How to Use
There’s no match to the amla hair oil, when it comes to your hair care regime. But, for the best results, you must use it correctly. Amla hair oil is essentially used for treating dry, thinning and grey hairs.
How to use Amla Hair Oil & Benefits
Here’s how you should use amla oil to get its maximum benefits. According to the experts, there are two ways of using Amla hair oil for maximum benefit.
- Amla oil is often applied after shampooing your hair due to its exceptional conditioning properties. As a conditioner, amla oil is ideally massaged into the hair strands in such a way, so that it perfectly covers hair (from the roots to the tips), thus offering a protective sheath. Cover your hair with a shower cap once it’s done. Leave it for 15 minutes or more, and then rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
- Applying amla oil helps to deal with itchy scalp, which is full of dandruff. Massaging oil on a regular basis soothes a dry and itchy scalp. Also, it gives your hair the necessary moisturizing effect. If you have an extremely dry scalp, massage the oil daily and rinsed out after 15 minutes. You can also left it on the scalp overnight and wash it in the next morning. Wear a shower cap to save the pillows from being stained.
Regular massage of Amla hair oil is extremely beneficial. It aids in the healthy growth of hair and ensures reduced hair fall within a short period of time. The other benefits are listed below:
- Amla hair oil penetrate into the scalp, thus nourishes the hair follicles which fosters hair growth
- Amla oil strengthens hair at the root. Thus prevent hair breakage
- Prevent premature graying of hair by providing essential nutrients. It stops melanin loss and hence naturally darkens your hair
- The antioxidant, antifungal and antifungal properties treats dandruff and other scalp conditions. It also creates better environment for hair growth.
- Amla oil works as a chelating agent, which binds copper and iron with other nutrients for promoting the overall health of your hair
Dabur (Brahmi & Gold) Amla Hair Oil- Ingredients & Reviews
Among the popular ones available in the market, Dabur (Brahmi & Gold) Amla Hair Oil is considered the best. With a huge user base, the Dabur Amla hair oil has also found some best of the user reviews. Here’s a look into its ingredients.
- Dabur Brahmi Amla Oil & Dabur Amla Gold
Both the oil contains Amla as their base. However, emollient and emulsifiers are also used to maximize the benefit. Read on to know about the ingredients in details.
The active ingredient in Dabur Amla hair oil is emblica officinals popularly known as amla extract or Indian gooseberry. It’s claimed in Ayurvedic.com that amla extracts is highly beneficial to strengthen hair follicles and to prevent premature graying.
Emollient ingredients are found in all hair oils as they help to soften the hair and protect hair shaft. It helps in retaining the moisture of hair. Emollient ingredients in Dabur Amla hair oil mostly include paraffinum liquidum, liquid petroleum, mineral oil and canola oil. This is a natural oil extracted from the canola plant.
Emulsifier binds the oil and water ingredients to provide a protective sheath to your hair. Also it offers your hair a perfectly smooth texture. Oleic acid serves as an emulsifier and the palm glycerides work as a thickening agent.
Dabur Amla hair oil is rich with the antioxidant t-butyl hydroquinone. A study published by PubMed.gov, this antioxidant component helps reducing the damage caused by overexposure to the UVV rays of sun.
Other ingredients include FDA approved components.
Pure Amla for Hair
Amla in any form is beneficial for hair growth. However, when you use it as a oil, pure Amla extract is treated with various other ingredients each of which play a vital role in preventing hair loss and premature graying. With added ingredients, Amla offers double benefit which helps keeping your hair bright and lustrous.
Amla Powder for Hair Growth-Ingredients & Reviews
Many people prefer using Amla powder instead of oil. The idea is to get the best of benefit. The basic and active ingredient of the Amla powder is Amla extract itself. It’s mixed with oil and other hair mask product in order to maximize the benefit.
How to use the powder
There’s a specific way to use the Amla powder. Without that, you can’t achieve the benefits properly. Here’s a recipe oaf using Amla powder.
- Grind the dried fruit to produce a smooth and fine powder.
- Mix amla powder with warm olive oil or water to make it into a frothy paste.
- Massage the Amla paste into your scalp and hair.
- Once you apply it, use traditional Shikakai as a conditioner
- Leave the paste in your hair for an hour to so that the nutrients get soaked in hair
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Wash your hair after 30 mins
- Repeat this twice a week
Reviews-benefits for Natural Hair Growth
According to the user reviews, Amla hair oil comes with a world of benefits. Not only does it make hair stronger, but also ensures steady hair growth and prevent premature graying.
Other Amla Hair Products-Legend Cream & Shampoo
Various other products of Amla are available in the market. Some of the products include hair cream and shampoo. You can use these products a required.
Some of the shampoo and cream products for hair created with amla include;
- Emami Amla Plus Herbal Shampoo
- Amla Legend Rejuvenating Ritual by Optimum
Amla products are highly beneficial for healthy hair. For proper hair growth and treating hair problems, there are plenty of benefits for Amla. Use it properly to squeeze the best of it.
Sources & Resources