Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
What is Rhassoul, Ghassoul or Red Morrocan Clay Soap and what are the Benefits and Uses of this cleansig product? How to do you make this soap? Are there Recipes for Hair, Bathing and Face Washing? Read on to find out
Rhassoul clay soap
What are the Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits & Uses
Rhassoul clay soap benefits and uses are numerous. This soap is versatile and multifunctional in its uses globally. Different users have different needs and this determines how best it will be utilized to improve on its various benefits. According to various researches, Ghassoul soap has for a long time been used as a shampoo for hair washing, body scrub and bathing as well as facial care soap.
Rhassoul Clay Soap for Bathing
Rhassoul clay soap exhibits variety of benefits when used as a bathing soap. Scientific research indicated that this clay soap contains 58% of silica and 25% magnesium minerals that help in absorbing of excess oil and acting as a detoxifier. Rhassoul clay soap is believed to form ions of its mineral elements when mixed with water. Scientific research proved these minerals ions to attract the positive ions of the toxins found just beneath the skin surface wiping them off. The results are open pores that ventilate the body (Geria 2007).
This clay soap removes skin flakiness and leaves it hydrated. According to dermatologist Bolognia (2012), the body sheds off dead cells through the skin. This dead skin piles up on the surface of the skin causing skin flakiness and aging. Rhassoul clay soap is gently rough creating room for its ability to scrub when rubbed all over the body during bathing experience. This results to 106% skin texture improvement when used on a daily basis. This clay soap serves as a medication soap to heal acnes and eczema.
Rhassoul Clay Soap for Hair Washing and Conditioning
Rhassoul clay soap ability to absorb oil and its constituent mineral elements makes it suitable for washing hair and scalp . It is combined with water in specified portions and thoroughly massaged on the scalp. The end results are amazing because it acts as a solution to almost all hair and scalp problems which range from dry scalp, dandruff and hair breakage (Hubbard, S.1994). The soap may be combined with other ingredients to achieve best results as will be seen in the sample recipes in the next sub-topic. The ingredient to mix with depends on
the hair needs. This clay soap absorbs the extra oil on the scalp and detoxifies it by eliminating toxins through ions reaction leaving the pores open.
Rhassoul Clay Soap Recipes
The preparation begins by mining of this clay desiccates from the Atlas Mountain Ranges vents. Rhassoul clay is in the form of a chunky brown rock when mined. The rock is cleansed, sun dried and undergoes a series of refinement to make it smooth and finely textured to be gentle on the skin. The end result is left in powder form or combined with water to assist in shaping it its then left under the sun to dry up as well as gain more energy from the sun’s rays. The soap is ready to use in the different ways as desired.
According to Hubbard (1994), one must put into consideration their skin type and hair type and needs to determine the best ingredient to mix with Ghassoul clay soap for best and pleasurable experience. This makes the Moroccan red clay soap recipes vary from one person to another. Consultation from dermatologists should be done prior to the whole process. The following are Rhassoul clay soap recipes for different types of skin and hair needs.
Rhassoul Clay Recipe for Different Hair Types
This recipe works well for most hair types. It incorporates natural oils and aloe vera gel suitable for dry scalp with dandruff, rhassoul clay soap which detoxifies and cleans deep and apple cider vinegar to give the hair natural shine.
- 5 tablespoons of Rhassoul clay soap in powder form for easier mixing
- 6 1½ cup of water
- 2 drops of essential oil of thyme
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- A pair of gloves to prevent the fingernails from irritating the skin during the application process.
1. Put rhassoul clay soap powder in a bowl and add ½ cup of water.
2. Stir and leave it for 20 minutes to ensure the rhassoul clay soap soaks well.
3. Add the 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 drops of essential oil of thyme and stir till it mixes well to form a paste.
1. Make the hair dumb with Luke-warm water and segment it into four parts. The segments ensure complete hair and scalp coverage with the paste.
2. Wear gloves and apply the mixture directly from the scalp to the tip smearing evenly in each of the segments. The quantity applied is determined by the length of the hair. For best results ensure complete hair coverage.
3. Cover the hair with a plastic bag and sit under the sun for 1 hour and if one is using a dryer 40 minutes is enough to allow ample time for the cleansing and mineral absorption.
4. Comb and rinse the hair with running water to ensure the mud is completely removed.
5. After the clay soap is completely rinsed, put ¼ cup apple cider vinegar in a bowl containing 1 cup of water and completely saturate the hair with this mixture.
6. Cover it with a clean plastic bag and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse well with water and moisturize with preferred oil for styling as desired.
Rhassoul Clay Soap Recipe for Bathing
The body needs some soothing and relaxing feeling every day. The following sample recipe is suitable for a variety of skin types.
- Rhassoul clay soap in powder form
- 4-5 cups of water depending on the desired thickness of the paste
- 200ml natural lemon juice
- 50ml honey
- 30ml almond oil
- Epsom salt assists in eliminating dark acne patches.
1. Put Moroccan red clay soap powder in a bowl and add water until the product achieves the desired thickness of the paste.
2. Add the other ingredients into the bowl and stir until it is well mixed
3. Leave it for 10 minutes.
1. Soak your body with water. The temperature of the water should be as desired.
2. Apply the paste evenly all over the body.
3. You can stay with the paste for 20 minutes or more. The more time the paste locks the body the finer the results will be.
4. Rinse the body with water at desired temperature, dry it and apply skin moisturizer
Rhassoul Clay Soap Recipe Face Washing
According to various researches, the skin on the face is of different texture with that of any other body part. (Ress. J 2014). This makes it special and therefore the worry of most women. The following sample recipe may work for several face skin type.
- 4 tablespoons rhassoul clay soap in powder form
- 1 tablespoon Epsom salt
- ½ cup of water
- 3 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Put rhassoul clay soap powder in a bowl and add water and stir to desired paste
2. Add all the other ingredient, stir and leave for 10 minutes
1. Clean the face with warm water
2. Apply the paste smearing evenly on the face and the neck. A soft brush can be used to spread the paste
3. Leave it for 20 minutes, rinse with water, dry it and apply desired moisturizer oil.
In a nutshell, Rhassoul clay soap has proved to be effective natural soap suitable for all types of skin and hair. Moreover this type of soap is easier to use and does not require professional experience to bring out its positive effects. Skin and hair caring has now become easier since Ghassoul clay soap can be a home remedy saving expenses of visiting a spa.
Suggested Further Reading
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
More on Clay
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Reviews,where to Buy & Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Reviews, Face & Mud Mask Recipe
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs.
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)