Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses & Side Effects for Hair and Skin
Rhassoul clay is a naturally occurring clay that has been in use for centuries. Rhassoul is very rich in minerals and it is an exceptional ingredient in skin and hair care. Though studies have shown that minerals in this clay are helpful in various uses, it turns out that there might be a few side effects of using this clay. Read on to find more information on;
- What is Rhassoul clay?
- What are the Benefits and Uses of Rhassoul Clay?
- Rhassoul Clay Reviews and where to Buy
- Rhassoul Clay Side Effects.
What is Rhassoul Clay?
Rhassoul Clay is an outstanding naturally found reddish brown cosmetic clay that originates from Morroco. It is also known by the names Red Clay, Red Moroccan Clay, Ghassoul Clay and Oxide Clay. Rhassoul clay is organically mined from ancient deposits deep within the Morocco Atlas Mountains.It is formed as a result of natural geothermal processes and volcanic activity.
This clay is extracted(under special conditions) in large clods, then it gets washed, sun-dried and micronized into a smooth powder. The clay contains silicon, Magnesium, iron, sodium, potassium, lithium, and trace elements.When first mined, the clay looks as a polished brown and soap-like clay but on further refinement it becomes smooth almost like silken earth. Oxide clay It has a shelf life of 4-5 years.
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay Benefits and Uses
The name “Rhassoul” derives from the Arabic word for washing, “Rhassala.” Well-known for its incomparable ability to absorb impurities from the skin and hair and give the skin and hair highly helpful minerals.
According to findings from various studies Moroccan Rhassoul Clay lessens dryness, enhances skin clarity and elasticity and has extractive abilities(Removes surface oil and oil from inside and around clogged hair follicles ) that confiscate impurities and unblock pores, even stubborn blackheads resulting in a general smoothing of the surface skin.
As a hair treatment, Red Moroccan Clay cleanses the hair, removing impurities, and leaves hair bouncy and voluminous.
According to Amaloils.com, Clinical studies have shown that a single use of Moroccan Rhassoul:
- Improves skin texture (106%)
- Reduces dryness (79%)
- Reduces flakiness (41%)
- Improves skin elasticity / firmness (24%)
- Improves skin clarity (68%)
Other Benefits & Uses of Moroccan Rhassaoul Clay
- The Moroccan Rhassoul clay can be used as a daily cleanser instead of soap.
- When mixed with other ingredients it can be used as a facial scrub. Such ingredients include oats, almonds and essential oils
- Another common use of Rhassoul clay is hair shine restoration. The clay is mixed with Argan oil then the mixture applied to restore hair shine.
- Rhassoul clay is used in home-made spa to soften the skin, remove dead cells and strengthen nails.
- Since early times, Moroccan women have used Ghassoul clay as a hair shampoo. It is said that the clay enhances the hair texture and volume, softens the hair and eliminates dandruff.
- Rhassoul clay naturally has a powerful, negative electromagnetic charge, while the majority of toxins under your skin have a positive charge. This makes Rhassoul treatments ideal for drawing out impurities and detoxifying your skin
- Arthritis treatment- Rhassoul clay dressings create a warming effect on sore joints, reduce inflammation as well as enhancing movement. oil made from the Boswellia serrata species oil (Frankincense), one of the best herbs for arthritis cure, can be added into the mixture of the clay.
Rhassoul Clay Side Effects
What are the side effects of using Rhassoul clay? When used correctly, this clay has no known side effects for skin care and hair. However, the red Moroccan clay should only be used for external purposes only. Be sure to consult a doctor before you use it if you have a skin disease.
On the other hand,when Rhassoul clay is used in form of soap, it has undesirable effects on the skin or the hair especially if used wrongly. Geria (2007) stated that Rhassoul clay soap has effect on chemically dyed hair especially hair that is colored with artificial dye. The mineral elements in Rhassoul clay react with hair coloring product causing color tarnishing. These changes may not be the actual desire of those using the soap as a shampoo and hair conditioner.
This clay soap may cause hair breakage. The soap dries quickly when left for too long on the hair and not well hydrated. This results to hair breakage. During hair cleaning, Ghassoul clay soap is mixed with water and smeared on the scalp and hair. The user should keep on adding more water or make the paste lighter to prevent it from drying up. Failure to this, the hair will break with the crack soaps (Smith, A. 2004).
When compared with man-made shampoos, natural Rhassoul clay has a higher PH than that of the hair. This may lead to dull and gummy hair.
To some users it tends to dry skin. “I like the mask but it kinda over drys my skin so I use just once a week everybody skin is different so you just have to try it ” certified purchase user review Amazon
Rhassoul Clay Reviews & where to Buy
Where to Buy Rhassoul Clay
Where can you buy Moroccan Rhassoul Clay? Probably in Morocco since that is where the clay is mined. However if you are within Morocco you can buy the clay on online stores such as Amazon.
Rhassoul Clay Reviews for Hair and Skin
Are there people who have used Rhassoul Clay? What are they saying about its effectiveness? Below is a review from some users.
“This clay is fantastic!!! Not only did it leave my oily breakout pone skin glowing, it also healed my dry cracking hands (from the dry winter)!
It leaves my skin soft, and my pores are actually smaller! I mix about a teaspoon of the clay in a bowl and I add water until it forms a paste, then I apply and wait until it dries. It is the best mask I have ever used, and makes my skin feel firm and radiant. I highly recommend this product. It is calming, soothing, moisturizing, and detoxes your skin!!” Amazon Online Store
“…Iuse it for masks. The uses of this clay are amazing !! My hair now is shiner fuller and is not falling out. I’m happier to wash with this clay as I know it hasn’t got any nasty chemicals in it.” customer review on Naturalspasupplies-UK
“Strip washing has changed my itchy skin of 8 months. I have rid my home of chemicals and feel a million dollars”, satisfied customer review on Naturalspasupplies-UK
Suggested Further Reading
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
More on Clay
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Reviews,where to Buy & Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Reviews, Face & Mud Mask Recipe
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs.
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)