Uses of Tea Tree Oil for Nail Fungus, Lice, Scabies, Body & Foot Soak- How to Use Tea Tree Oil
What are the the uses for tea tree oil? How effective are the uses of Tea tree oil for Fungus, Lice, Scabies, Body Wash, Baths and Foot Soak? Does this oil have any household uses? Read on to find answers to these question in addition to more other interesting information about tea tree oil learn more on the uses of this oil.
Uses for Tea Tree oil – What is Tea Tree used for?
Overview of TTO uses
Tea tree oil also known as Melaleuca alterfonis is native to Australia and is a favorite for its healing benefits and uses on many hair and skin conditions. it has anti biotic properties good for skin infections, burns, rashes, dandruff and many other skin conditions. It is used topically as an antiseptic and anti fungal treatment to reduce infections.
Here are top tea tree oil uses that you should know of. A detailed discussion of some of the uses follows shortly.
- Heals skin infections faster with minimal scarring
- A home remedy for acne
- Faster healing of burns
- An antiseptic for cuts and wounds
- Cures toe nail fungus
- Removes skin tags painlessly
- Effective treatment for warts
- Treats ringworms
- Treats psoriasis
- Reduces rashes and relieve itchy skin
- Used in homemade toothpaste
- Cures bad breath
- A homemade natural deodorant
- Relieves earaches
- Relives asthma and other respiratory conditions
- Remedy for insect bites
- Effective in lice control
- Keeps fleas off your pets
- An all purpose cleaner
- An air freshener
- Freshens carpets, laundry and furniture
Tea Tree oil Nail Fungus – Using TTO for Toenail Fungus& Polish
The Tea Tree Essential Oil is as effective against fungal infections as it is against any bacterial or microbial infections. The Tea Tree Essential Oil is as effective against fungal infections as it is against any bacterial or microbial infections.
Tea tree oil for fungus
Fungal infections can be persistent and embarrassing. They are usually painless but can become painful once infected. Tea tree oil is an effective fungicide. It inhibits fungal growth and cures diseases like dermatitis and Athlete’s Foot. Tea tree oil has been found effective as tolnaftate an antifungal topical solution.
Tea Tree Oil for Toenail Fungus
A topical application of tea tree oil is effective on tea nail fungus. Onychomycosis- nail fungus occurs when fungi, known as dermatophytes, burrow under nails causing them to become crusty, thick, discolored and distorted.. Use 2% butenafine and 5% tea-tree oil in cream. You can also dab some oil on affected nails twice a day for at least two months. It might take a while for this to work.
How to use tea tree oil for toenail fungus
Toe nail fungus develops because the toes are continually exposed to warm- moist environments such as sweaty shoes. This is especially why you should dry off your feet completely taking special considering in between the toes. To treat toe nail fungus with tea tree oil;
- Scrub your toes gently
- Mix TTO with olive oil and rub in on your toe
- You can choose to use TTO purely
Tea tree oil nail polish
Manufacturers have found a way of harnessing tea tree oil in toe nail polish. It is medicated and has natural antifungal and antiseptic properties to protect your toes against nail fungus.
Tip! When taking care of fungal infections on your toe, be careful not to touch other areas of your body before washing your hands thoroughly as this can spread to other areas of your body especially the genitals.
Tea Tree Oil and Lice- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lice Treatment &Prevention
Does tea tree oil kill lice or Repel? Will TTO kill lice? What properties of tea tree oil make it effective for treating lice?
There are not enough studies to confirm how effective tea tree oil is against head lice. It is not clear how tea tree oil works to eliminate head lice but lice don’t like oily hair so it is suspected that the texture of the oil, along with the smell, dislodges and wards them off.
According to homeremedies, here are the properties that make tea tree oil effective on lice
- Natural insecticide properties which help to treat head lice very effectively.
- The antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties which help to kill the lice and prevent it completely.
- Tea tree oil contains terpinen – 4 – ol, a natural bacterial fighting ingredient which helps to cure many skin irritations, hair problems, infections and diseases.
- Tea tree oil coats the hair, scalp and contains agents that will helps to kill the head lice and its eggs. Tea oil not only kills the lice but also it will soothe and heal the irritated scalp that has been affected by the lice.
Tea tree oil lice repellent
Tea tree oil has been proven powerful to kill head lice without any harmful side effects. Use tea tree oil to coat your hair and scalp overnight or make a hair spray with tea tree oil to help repel lice.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for lice Treatment and Prevention-Recipe
Tea tree oil and head lice prevention
It’s difficult to prevent a head lice infestation because head lice are spread by head-to-head contact. Regular detection combing on a weekly basis – is the best way to find new lice quickly.
Lotions and sprays don’t prevent head lice infestations and should only be used if live lice have been spotted. Tea tree oil used regularly effectively in shampoos, conditioners and oiling can prevent head lice.
Recipe-How to use tea tree oil for lice
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and sprinkle it on your scalp and hair-This process will help to kill the lice why because lice will hate the smell of it and do this process at night time before going to bed.
- Leave it on for overnight so that there is a chance to kill some little ones and even eggs.
- Sleep it with a towel on your head over pillow to prevent possible staining.
- Next day morning, you have to tie your hair in plaits and put a little bit more oil on it.
- Then comb your hair as regularly as you do to get rid of the lice
- Finally rinse your hair with tea tree oil contained shampoo and conditioner or you can add few drops of tea tree oil to your regular shampoo and conditioner. [Source:homeremediesforlife.com]
Tea tree oil lice treatment kids
Head lice are very common among school going children and those attending day care. They are spread through direct hair-to-hair contact or indirectly by sharing things like hats, combs, hairbrushes and headphones. Symptoms of head lice in kids
- A tickling feeling on the scalp
- A sensation that something is moving in the hair
- Itching caused by an allergic reaction to lice bites (kids may scratch or rub their scalp, especially around the back of the head or ears)
- Sores on the head caused by scratching
- Trouble sleeping (lice are more active in the dark)
How to use TTO for lice on kids
- Wash your child hair with shampoo or tea tree oil and rinse out.
- While still wet, comb through your child’s hair while checking for lice and eggs
- If you find them remove them
- Do this regularly for days until you are sure there are no more
- Remember to check the rest of your family for lice as well
Tea Tree Oil Scabies- How to use Tea Tree Oil for Scabies Treatment
Does tea tree oil kill scabies? Scabies is a parasitic infestation in which tiny Sarcoptes scabiei mites burrow under the skin and cause intense allergic itching. The itching of scabies results primarily from the body’s allergic reaction to the mites, their eggs and their feces. Intense itching, which is classically worse at night, is the main and most bothersome symptom.
Tea tree oil is the most researched and promising effective agent against the scabies mite. It is highly effective compared to permethrin and ivermectin. Sarah L Taylor, MD, MPH, DABFM suggests tea tree oil as one of the natural remedies for scabies
Treating scabies with tea tree oil (for scabies in humans)
Tea tree oil has not been studied in humans and is thus not recommended as an effective treatment. It is recommended patients first seek conventional treatment and to take these measures to prevent re-infestation and the spread of mites to other people
How to use- Add a few drops of the oil to bath tub of warm water. You can then soak in the tub for about half an hour, repeating the process two to three times per day until healed.
Note: towel and clothing worn before the bath should be tied up in a plastic bag until they are properly laundered in order to prevent the mites from migrating elsewhere.
Using Tea Tree Oil Body Wash & Foot Soak
Tea tree oil body wash
Tea tree oil body wash gently cleanse and help recondition dry skin. The great smell and refreshing herbal scent makes your bathroom time a luxury. You should use tea tree oil body wash daily to effectively cleanse blocked pores, remove dirt and excess oil.
Tea tree oil foot soak
Tea tree oil foot soak is very effective in treating fungal infections of the foot and nail. Tinea pedis and onychomycosis can be effectively managed with regular foot soak in tea tree oil. Foot soaks do not have to be a remedy for foot infections. You can do this for preventive and luxurious purposes.
Tea Tree Oil Household Uses
Other than making a natural skin and body care product and for many skin conditions, tea tree oil is an important ingredient in many home cleaners to make;
- Basic antiseptic soap,
- Laundry booster- to clean heavily soiled laundry
- A multi- purpose cleaner for toilets and floors
- A DIY deodorant
- Homemade toothpaste
- Air freshener for laundry, furniture and carpets
Tea tree oil should never be ingested
Tea tree oil should not be used on children under 6 months
Essential Oils Information
Want more information on essential oils? Follow this links for more interesting further reading on oils
- Vitamin E Oil Benefits and Uses for Face, Hair, Skin, Scars, Acne& Stretch Marks
- Best Essential Oils for Hair Growth, Loss- Dry, Thinning & Natural Hair
- Best Essential Oils for Skin Tags, Wrinkles, Dry, Itchy & Sensitive Skin + Recipes
- Tea Tree Oil For Hair Growth, Loss, Dandruff, Scalp, Ingrown & Natural Hair –Products
- Tea Tree Oil for Acne Scars, Skin Tags, Fungus, Irritation, Cancer & Molluscum
- Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin, Hair& Health- Tea Tree Oil Products Benefits & Side Effects
- Jojoba Oil uses, Benefits for Skin, Hair Growth, Loss where to Buy & Reviews
- Jojoba Oil Acne Scars Treatment- How to Use
- Rosemary Essential Oil Uses, Benefits for Hair, Skin& Properties