Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
Are there uses of Bentonite clay for hair? What are the benefits? Why is Bentonite clay used for hair loss, hair growth and as a hair mask? Here’s a Bentonite natural hair treatment recipe that you should try today.
Bentonite clay hair treatments are quite a mainstay in most women’s hair recipes. The clay has many benefits that can be applied for natural hair, damaged hair, dry hair and many other hair conditions. Some reviews have also shown that bentonite clay hair growth results are actually true and pleasing.
But is all this true? Can one use bentonite mud for hair loss? Can the treatment help improve natural hair, black hair and other types of hair? Let us start with the benefits of using Bentonite clay for hair as an alternative to other treatments such as the traditional hair staple, henna.
Bentonite Clay Benefits for Hair
You’ve definitely heard and tried many hair masks, but what exactly are the benefits of bentonite clay for hair? There is a lot that is done to hair to keep it in good condition, including shampooing, conditioning, cleansing and even moisturizing. In a unique way, this bentonite compound that comes in the form of calcium bentonite, potassium bentonite, sodium bentonite and aluminum bentonite can provide quite a long list of benefits to your hair. Here are the most important:
- Cleansing Hair: This clay or mud is highly absorbent and will help clarify your hair without making it feel dry or stripped of moisture. If you have curly hair that is typically dry, this should be a great pick for making your hair soft and supple.
- Clarifying Hair: Another of the important benefits of bentonite clay is in its ability to clarify hair by attracting and binding impurities and dirt in hair, leaving your mane looking pure and naturally silky.
- Moisturizing and Conditioning Hair with Bentonite Mud: Are you tired of that dry feel that makes your hair tangled and frizzy? Well, sometimes hair breakage comes from dryness and poor conditioning. One big solution to this is to use bentonite clay as a moisturizer and conditioner.
- Bentonite Minerals for Hair: Nourishing hair is no easy task since there is a long list of minerals and vitamins that are good for hair growth, healthy hair and even long hair. But what can you gain by using this clay? Well, important of the bentonite clay benefits for hair is the mineral elements such as calcium, potassium and sodium that are found in the clay.
Bentonite Clay Hair Mask – Overnight Treatment
Most of the bentonite clay benefits for hair can be found in a well done recipe of bentonite clay hair mask. (See section on recipe below). If your hair is suffering from the damage of itchy scalp and breakage, a natural clay hair mask can help restore its health.
Bentonite clay hair masks treatment are mostly used to cure or get rid of eczema, or dandruff from the scalp. This is a DIY bentonite mud hair treatment that you can do at home my mixing a few ingredients in your recipe to enjoy the benefits, some of which can be achieved with an overnight bentonite mud hair mask treatment.
When using the hair mask, you should allow the mixture to sit on your hair for about 15 to 20 minutes. Most people cover the hair being treated with a plastic cap to help condition the hair and prevent it from drying.
- Bentonite clay hair mask overnight treatment is highly recommended for those men and women who use too much of hair styling products and butters that are heavy.
- Most results and reviews of bentonite clay for hair have shown that proper use can prevent the formation of dandruff. For people who have had dandruff and a lot of buildup in the hair, the clay is recommended for removing dandruff and the buildup.
Bentonite Clay Natural Hair
Natural hair has its own natural oils. Most of the time, we strip the strands of these oils and moisture when conditioning, treating and even styling. Bentonite clay natural hair treatments can really help improve your hair’s texture, growth and thickness. As you will see shortly below, yet another of the uses is bentonite clay for hair loss.
Well, this beneficial clay is not just good for people with hair problems. Even those with natural hair can apply it as a treatment to improve their hair in different ways. Bentonite clay on natural hair will make it soft, and clean. This is when you specifically use it to wash your hair.
Although you will feel some awkwardness especially with the hair being weighed down by the mud, the results of applying it will help since the clay removes frizz and buildup. Some people have noted that natural hair that is tangled up can be easily detangled when you use the mud on it.
Bentonite Clay for Hair Loss & Hair Growth
Can bentonite clay help hair loss prevention? Is it good for hair growth? Some premade commercial clay products are commonly used for hair growth and bentonite clay for hair is one of the most commonly sought after and marketed. So, what is the logic behind using bentonite clay for hair growth?
Premature hair loss is sometimes associated with the problem of toxins accumulating in the scalp. Dandruff too is one of the major reasons for hair loss. As discussed in the benefits of bentonite clay for hair above:
- The mud helps get rid of toxins in the scalp
- It also gets rid of dandruff
How effective is bentonite clay for alopecia or baldness? Alopecia areata is condition in which hair is lost from mostly the scalp or other parts of the body. Bentonite can be a possible remedy for this condition since, as we already seen, it removes toxins from your scalp leaving it free of infections, parasites and chemical buildup.
It is from this point that bentonite clay hair growth powders are sold because they are known to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Therefore, you can try a bentonite detox for the body and scalp to see if it helps stop hair loss.
Bentonite Clay Hair Treatment Recipes
Bentonite clay for hair recipes vary a lot. Most people improvise their own recipes as they make the treatments. Important to note is the fact that the potency of the mud must be protected while working on the treatment.
From a quick look at the various recipes found on the internet, it is clear that you can modify the mixture as you want depending on the type of hair you have. Some people have black hair, others naturally oily hair, some looking to get rid of dandruff with a bentonite clay hair treatment recipe, others to stop hair loss with this clay, etc. Here are two quick recipes with bentonite mud.
- Bentonite Clay and Honey: For this honey recipe, mix the mud with a little honey and apple cider vinegar. Ensure you make a consistency like that of yogurt to make it easy to apply. If you have dry hair, add a teaspoon of almond oil to help moisturize it.
- Bentonite Mud + Egg Yolk Hair Treatment Recipe: Egg yolk is one of the best ingredients for hair masks. Mix about 5 tablespoons of this natural clay with water. Add a single egg yolk and mix to a fine consistency. This is a great recipe for treating dry oily hair.
Tip: When working on your recipe, avoid using metal equipment and bowls because they will destroy the properties of the bentonite clay that are beneficial to your hair.
Suggested Further Reading
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Uses for Internal Detox, Skin Cleanse & Body Wrap
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
More on Clay
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Reviews,where to Buy & Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Reviews, Face & Mud Mask Recipe
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties