Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
A Bentonite clay bath is the best way to do an external cleanse and detox. The skin will enjoy the benefits of that come with a calcium Bentonite mud bath. Here’s how to take a Bentonite clay body bath and foot bath. Also learn how to use it for kids plus the best Bentonite clay bath recipe.
There are two main types of Bentonite clay baths. A foot bath and a whole body bath. Both are used to cleanse the body or do a detox – which is to get rid of accumulated toxic substances and heavy metals in the body, which cause illnesses, tiredness and many skin disorders. So, how do you know that you need to do a detox bath? The following symptoms mean that you need a detox.
- When you feel that your joints are stiff and sometimes aching
- Symptoms such as unending fatigue or tiredness mean that your body is packed with chemical toxins and you need a detox bath
- If you have frequent digestive problems
- Dullness and poor concentration
- Very poor skin health
Do you have any of these symptoms or do your kids show these signs? It is time to get hold of your Bentonite clay bath recipe. With it, you will prepare a foot bath or a full body bath that will help clear all those symptoms listed above. See below a foot bath recipe using calcium Bentonite mud.
Bentonite Clay Bath Benefits
What are the benefits of Bentonite clay baths? In general, the clay is one of the most talked about detox and cleansing clays. Its detox potency comes from its properties. The clay is has negatively charged ions, which are very strong and able to attract other metals, including heavy metals that are toxic in the human body.
It is also a magnet of many types of toxins that accumulate in the body, including air passages and the gut. Here are Bentonite clay bath benefits you will get by detoxing with it. Do not be surprised that you will use it externally but enjoy internal benefits as well.
- If your skin is irritated, take a Bentonite mud bath to soothe it fast
- Allergies of the skin can also be cleared by taking a skin cleanse bath
- Afraid of premature aging signs on your skin? This is a bath for you since it has a lot of antiaging benefits
- Experts say that when applied to skin burns, the clay helps heal them fast. Therefore, if you do not want to do a Bentonite mud mask, go for a cleanse bath
- If you think you are exposed to heavy metals such as mercury, do a Bentonite mud bath to get rid of the heavy metals
- Insect bites and stings are not only soothed but also healed when you do this bath.
The benefits of this clay are beyond just the skin. Internally, the bath is also proven to clear toxin buildup in the gut or digestive system. Therefore, you can either soak in this bath in order to treat problems such as indigestion or constipation, bloating and other stomach problems.
Bentonite Clay Detox Bath
Why a Bentonite clay detox bath and not just drink the clay to clean the system from inside out? Well, it is mostly the choice of the one doing the detox. The danger posed by the many fake products in the market make it difficult for most people to trust them. It is therefore safer to go for a foot detox bath or body detox bath than to drink the clay mixture.
Doing a Bentonite clay detox bath will definitely “speed healing of skin problems” [StylishRachGirl]. The clay has been approved by FDA as safe for human use. That makes it a safe medicinal or ‘herbal’ clay that can be mixed with other ingredients to help nourish the skin and become even more effective as a detox agent. Learn how to use Bentonite clay for hair too.
Bentonite Clay Foot Bath
If you suffer joint problems, especially in the feet, a Bentonite clay foot bath is exactly what you need to treat the pain. But first, you need to learn how to use Bentonite clay for a foot bath. A Bentonite clay foot bath will help rejuvenate your feet in four ways:
- It removes grime on your feet
- Unclogs pores and removes oil buildup to help your feet breathe
- Softens rough skin on the heels
- Gets rid of foot joint pain
To make a foot bath:
- Fill your bathtub with about 6 inches of warm water
- Add a few drops of lavender or rosemary oil for aromatherapy purposes
- Sprinkle 2 cups of Bentonite clay powder and stir to make a bath
- Put your feet in the bath for about 20 minutes and pat dry after.
Remember to moisturize your feet after the bath. You can do this by applying a foot moisturizing lotion or cream. That’s all for the Bentonite clay bath for feet.
Bentonite Clay Bath Recipe
Recipes using Bentonite clay vary in many ways, especially when it comes to the ingredients used. Basically, Bentonite clay powder is the most important ingredient in most recipes. Some people use raw mud, but it is important to note that some of the clays may have aluminum, which is not good for your health. Here’s a simple Bentonite clay bath recipe for the whole body. You can see a foot bath recipe below.
Ingredients include: Half a cup of aloe; a quarter a cup of kelp powder; a quarter a cup of Bentonite clay.
Instructions for making the Bentonite mud bath: Add a little water to the ingredients above. Mix up your ingredients in a non-metallic container. Go ahead and add the mixture into your bathtub water and sit in it for about 30 minutes.
This will help cleanse the skin and soothe any discomforts you may be feeling. You may want to try other additional ingredients in your bath. Some people add some oils that are beneficial for the skin. Remember that this is also a good Bentonite clay bath for kids. It does not have any side effects on them.
How to Take a Bentonite Clay Bath
Don’t know how to take a Bentonite clay bath? This should be the easiest thing you can do. After preparing your bath as explained above, you may use a sponge to massage your body with while sitting in the bathtub.
Massaging the skin with the prepared bath will help nourish it with the minerals. Some people advise that you apply the clay on your body as a mask while standing in your bathtub, then allow the clay to dry on your skin before turning the shower on to rinse it off.
Suggested Further Reading
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Uses for Internal Detox, Skin Cleanse & Body Wrap
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
More on Clay
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs
- Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Reviews,where to Buy & Side Effects
- Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Reviews, Face & Mud Mask Recipe
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties