Aztec Healing Clay, Uses, Benefits, Reviews,where to Buy & Side Effects
Aztec Healing Clay is an awesome beauty product that is cultivating quite a considerable amount of fame. With several uses and benefits, it still comes at a low cost and the clay is readily available. Read on to learn more on what the Clay is, its uses, benefits for skin, acne, scar cellulite & hair acne side effects,reviews and where to buy
According to Aztecsecret.com, Aztec healing clay is a Bentonite clay that originates from Death Valley, California. Aztec mud is brought into being as a result of volcanic residue/dust deposits that have settled on the earth. As the ash settles for thousands of years, it continually absorbs nutrients and minerals from the earth. The combination of the ash, minerals and nutrients results to the formation of the clay. The healing clay is sun- dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees. At it times it is described by the name Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay.
Aztec Healing Clay Uses & Benefits
What is Aztec healing clay good for? What are the uses of the clay? Owing to the fact that this clay is Bentonite (calcium, to be specific) clay, the uses and health benefits do not differ that much from what Bentonite offers. Bentonite clay types differ depending on the mineral content and in this case the focus is on calcium rich type. Other than calcium, the clay is made up magnesium, sodium and trace amounts of a number of other minerals. Aztec healing clay uses and benefits are many. Following are some;
Aztec Clay for Hair
Aztec clay has been known to produce considerable results for hair. Since the clay is a store for a variety of minerals and nutrients, it serves as a nourishing agent for almost all hair types. For years, the clay has been used to clarify and cleanse hair. Cleansing with this secret Indian clay removes impurities and dirt leaving hair looking pure, clear and natural.It also leaves your hair soft and supple. The clay has an ability to calm scalp conditions such as eczema. In addition, it is one of the best known hair moisturizer and conditioner that you have probably not tried. How does one prepare and apply Aztec for hair recipe? Here are recipes for hair and other uses.
Aztec Healing Clay Acne Scars
Many popular spa brands have been reported saying that they use Aztec healing clay as a base for treatment masks in their facials. It is also used as body wraps for full body detoxification. Most probably they (brands) have discovered its secret healing ability. So, how does the clay work for acne scars and the skin generally?
When water is added to the clay or when the clay is hydrated, it swells up (this cannot be observed by the naked eye) and becomes very porous. It is a salient characteristic of Bentonite clays. Hydration makes the molecular and electrical components alter and give off an electrical negative charge. Poisons and toxins stored in the epidermis have a positive charge. The negative charge(clay) will hence attract the positive charges(waste). Indian Healing Clay lifts the pimple and blackheads into the clay bed to cause accelerated healing and nourishment to the skin with a variety of minerals. What makes this clay a magic cleanser lies in the ability of the clay to absorb impurities or toxins, heavy metals and other waste products found within.
Its calming, soothing and cleansing effects make it a natural remedy for acne and acne scars, skin discoloration dark spots and hyperpigmentation
Other Aztec Healing Clay Uses & Benefits
- Aztec secret healing clay can be used externally as a treatment pad or compress to aid soothe cuts, wounds, bruises, muscle damage and pain associated with carpel tunnel. Other external conditions that Aztec can treat include rashes, insect bites, psoriasis and eczema.
- Indian secret clay can be used to relief constipation, gas and bloating since the clay is purely a calcium Bentonite clay. Studies conducted by the Digestive Tract Research Group, published in the Singapore Medical Journal, indicated that irritable bowel syndrome patients who took oral calcium Bentonite supplements reported relief from the discomfort and pain associated with the disease. The also established the clay can still act as a laxative. Calcium Bentonite has also been associated with the treatment of food or metal poisoning, and dysentery. [livestrong.com]
- The clay can be used for internal detoxification. As you might have noticed, it swells and becomes absorbent when hydrated. At the same times it becomes nonreactive: not readily changed by chemical or biological reaction. The mixture is consumed frequently as a means to cleanse and detox the body internally. While inside the body, toxins become attracted to clay. Once the toxins are attracted, they are absorbed into the clay and passed out of the body. Since the clay is inert or nonreactive, it will not change its structure before passing through the bowels.
- Aztec clay is also used in cosmetics. It is often used in a number of commercial beauty products. Some of the other cosmetic uses for the clay include treatments for blemishes, cellulite, eczema and wrinkles.
- Another possible health benefit of Aztec healing clay is that it can be used or taken as a dietary supplement. As you have noticedfrom above, the clay contains minerals in nutritionally significant amounts. It is a fact that if the body lacks sufficient minerals, it will easily succumb to disease. When a dying cell is charged by an electrical current, it will become living once again. Providing the cell with the essential minerals it needs to live, makes the cell itself to regenerate and “nurse” itself back to health.
- Another benefit of using this clay is that it is cheap meaning that you will probably save some bucks and it will offer a fresh mask every time you use. Fresh because it comes in powder for meaning that each time you will need to create a new fresh mask.
Aztec Healing Clay for Cellulite-Does it work?
Can you use Indian Healing Clay to get rid of cellulite? Some individuals claim that this method works but unfortunately this is information is based on personal opinions. There is not enough ‘real’ data to back it up. What this clay does is tightening your(skin) cellulite prone areas. This will make your cellulite disappear temporarily. The fact is, the fat deposits are far too deep under your epidermis for the clay’s shrinking powers to ever reach.
For this temporary effect, mix the clay with some apple cider vinegar to form a thick paste. Apply it to your cellulite areas and leave it to dry. While the clay dries your skin will tighten. Soak in a tub filled with warm water for not more than 20 minutes to soften the clay and rinse it off.
Where to Buy Aztec Healing Clay and Reviews
Aztec Healing Clay and Reviews for Skin and Hair
“I really like this product it does leave your face red only few minutes. You only use once a week my face feels and looks better helps control oil. Packaged good will order more”, Amazon reviewer.
“Love this mask. Bought it on a whim after getting a severe breakout from a new supplement I’ve been taking for an bum shoulder. I mix it with apple cider vinegar as my face is not sensitive and incredibly oily. Noticed a difference with in the first use. The breakout went down a lot and the redness was gone. My only complaint is that its a nightmare to wash it off.”Amazon reviewer.
On Makeupalley product review, a user says that the product is cost effective. The use believes the product is enough to be used for some time.“I doubt that i’ll run out of this product soon!” the user notes. “i use it with brag g’s apple cider vinegar with some of water. The mask takes a moment or two to dry but i highly recommend not to “crack” the dry layer. My close friend and i attempted this and we broke out badly in the morning the first time after use! limit frequency 2 times for every week for skin to adjust.” the reviewer adds
“I purchased this product because I wanted to stop using so much shampoo on my hair. It was amazing… I applied it in sections and massaged my scalp in to to really cleanse the hair scalp. My result was super and really clean hair…”verified reviewer at vitaminshoppe.com
Where to Buy Aztec Healing Clay
Where can you buy Indian secret healing clay? The clay is readily available on amazon.com, mountainroseherbs.com, makeupalley.com, vitaminshoppe.com, Iherb.com wholefoods, wallmart.com amongst others. You may want to shop top rated Aztec clay products
Aztec Healing Clay Side Effects& Cons
Are there any known side effects, cons or disadvantages of using this clay? As in the case of other clays, there aren’t any known side effects of the Aztec healing clay when used correctly. However:-
- It may feel tingly or itchy. This may be uncomfortable to some folks but its normal. These feeling are attributed to the detox process.
- You experience skin reddening after use but it turns normal after a short duration of about 30 minutes.
- Some users claim that after drying it hurts to take off. You might want to soften it with warm water before you scrub it
- You have to make the mixture yourself. Some consider the whole process of mixing a messy work.Not everyone enjoys the procedure especially when other brands come ready made.
- When this clay mask created with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, the smell of the mixture may be unpleasant to some individuals.
Have you tried Aztec healing clay? If yes please share with us your experience in the comment section. If you have not yet tried it, this is the greatest opportunity you have available to give it a try.
Suggested Further Reading
More on Clay
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs.
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)