Aztec Clay Mask Benefits, Reviews, Face & Mud Mask Recipe
Aztec clay mask is a beauty product that has been gaining steady popularity in the recent past. Actually, it is labeled as the world’s most powerful facial. Judging from the huge attention this clay mask is getting, you might be interested to learn more about Aztec Face Mask, benefits of this Clay, Aztec Clay Mask Reviews and Recipes.
Aztec Face Mask
When it comes to beauty, most individuals especially ladies would consider the face as one the most crucial part of their of their body. It is basically why Aztec face mask is of such a concern in this case. This mask is made up of mixture Indian healing clay and water or raw apple cider vinegar (ACV). Water or ACV? It entirely depends on an individual’s preference; the difference is that water makes a milder smelling face mask…that is if you care much about the smell of vinegar on your face. However some users state that the acidity of the vinegar tends to do a better job at softening and gently exfoliating the skin. As you have noticed, creating Aztec makeup at home is a simple process. It is a DIY homemade beauty creation that anyone can come up with.
How to Use Aztec Face Mask
As we seen above, all you need for the Aztec makeup is the Indian clay, water or apple cider vinegar and a medium in which you will create the mixture. Non-metallic material such as glass, pottery or wooden bowl is recommended since metallic medium is known to react with the clay minerals hence destroying the effectiveness of the aztec mud mask.
When all the ingredients are in place, pour the clay into the bowl then add equal parts of water or vinegar. Stir the mixture until it is a smooth paste. You may add water or the clay as required. You now have the Aztec mud mask ready.
To apply the Aztec face mask, you can use your fingers or a brush to create a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick layer of the clay on your face and then let it dry. Drying durations vary.The recommended time for a delicate skin is 5 minutes and 15-20 minutes for a normal skin. Some say that they live the mask for over 40 minutes though this could mean that they are applying a thicker layer of the clay mask.
After applying the mask you will experience a pulling and tightening sensation.
Finally, after it has dried wash it off with warm water and that’s all.
Aztec Clay Mask Benefits
What are the benefits, advantages or pros of using Aztec mud or clay mask? Why would one consider using this clay mask? Following are the benefits of using Indian secret healing clay mask.
- Aztec mud mask absorbs waste such as harmful toxins, oil and dirt out of the body through the skin. The ability to suck waste from the body is where the power of this clay lays. As the packaging states, it is a deep pore cleansing. According to user reviews, it exactly does that. The reviews, some of which you will see shortly, also say that it does it better than any other clay mask they have used before.
- The mask stimulates and improves blood circulation. When applied on skin it tightens up your skin creating a pressuring feel on your skin which results to the circulation of blood. Generally, this creates a very calming and good sensation.
- The clay mask is known to have a high content of minerals and nutrients. When applied on the skin, the minerals and nutrients are absorbed by the skin itself leaving it nourished and rejuvenated.
- The mask acts as moisturizer and gentle softener for your skin.
- Aztec mud mask can also be used to manage and treat acne. It has also been used for other treatments including blemishes, cellulite, eczema and wrinkles.
Aztec Clay Mask Reviews
What are users saying about Aztec clay mask? Does it work? Most of the users seem to give Indian clay mask positive reviews. However, there are some, actually very few who say Aztec makeup has not worked for their skin type.
Out of 277 reviews at iherb.com 177 users have given this clay mask a 5-star rating.
“This is the best facial mask there is, so thanks iHerb for carrying this product! I have been using this for years and don’t need to use any other facial treatments ‘cos this keeps my skin so clean and in good condition. One jar will last months if just used on the face but in this price and with postages I recommend to order a couple at least…” user review iherb.
Out of 42 user reviews at acne.org, 31 users have given this clay mask a 5-star rating.
“So I just have to say, I love this stuff. My skin is so soft and it helps pimples reduce significantly…it closes and cleanses pores” user at acne.org
“I really had high expectations after reading all the good reviews about this product. I’ve mixed it with ACV and water but it just doesn’t do anything for my skin.” User product review at makeupalley
Interested in buying this product? You may want to shop top rated Aztec clay products
Aztec Clay Mask Recipes for other Treatments
Other than the standard recipe which only requires AVD or water, there are more other Indian healing clay mask recipes for other part parts of the body. Read on to learn more about these Aztec mud mask recipes.
Aztec Clay Honey Mask Recipe
All you need is mix equal parts Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with apple cider vinegar then add one tablespoon raw honey. Apply to skin, allow the makeup dry for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Cleopatra is said to have used a similar clay mask in her beauty ritual.
Aztec Clay Hair Mask Recipe
- Wash your hair with your favorite conditioner.
- While the conditioner is on prepare your mask using the standard procedure. Mix the clay and vinegar to a smooth consistency. Ensure that it is an enough amount for your hair length.
- Rinse the conditioner out and gently towel blot.
- Apply the clay to your hair in small sections until your hair is fully covered.
- Let the clay mask sit in your hair till it gets hard. You are likely to feel your scalp tightening.
- When you are sure that the clay is dry rinse it until all the clay is out of the hair.
- Towel blot, condition and style as usual.
Aztec Mud Mask Recipe for Acne and Blemishes
Mix equal parts of Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay with apple cider vinegar. Add five drops of tea tree Oil and continue mixing to a smooth consistency. Apply to skin and allow to dryfor 20 -30 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and apply Tea Tree Oil directly to blemish.
Relaxing Aztec Mud Mask Recipe
Mix equal parts of the healing clay with equal mixture of apple cider vinegar and distilled water (for instance: 2 table spoon clay, with 1 table spoon vinegar and 1 table spoon water). Add 5 to 10 drops of your favorite aromatherapy or calming blended oil to the mixture. Apply to face, and then let it the mask dry while relaxing in the tub for ten or more minutes. Rinse well with warm water.
Aztec Compress Recipe for External Use
To prepare Aztec compress mask, simply combine the clay with water and mix it until it has the consistency of mud. Once the solution has been mixed, simply apply it to the area that is in pain.
Tip: Use a moisturizer to reduce the drying effect of the mask.
Aztec clay mask is beauty product you should definitely try out. Well, what is your story? Have you tried Aztec makeup, mud or clay mask? Please feel free to share your experience in our commenting section below.
Suggested Further Reading
More on Clay
- Rhassoul Clay Benefits, Uses, Side Effects for Hair and Skin
- Rhassoul Clay Soap Benefits and Recipes-How to Make
- Rhassoul Clay Hair Benefits, Mask, Deep Conditioner & Wash
- Rhassoul Clay Mask Benefits for Skin, Face & Recipe
- Rhassoul Clay vs Bentonite Clay, Properties, Differences &Similarities
- Bentonite Clay Mask Reviews & DIY Face, Hair Mask Benefits
- Bentonite Clay Bath Detox Recipe for Foot and Body
- Best Bentonite Clay Detox Bath & Recipe Reviews, Symptoms
- Bentonite Clay Benefits – Drinking & Mask for Skin Health
- Bentonite Clay Side Effects on Skin, Hair Detox & Bath Effects
- Bentonite Clay for Hair – Natural Hair Loss & Growth Treatment Mask Recipe
- Montmorillonite Clay Benefits, Uses in Cat / Dog Food, Structure & Properties
- Sodium/Calcium Montmorillonite Clay Side Effects –Humans, Cats & Dogs.
- Kaolin Clay Uses – Skin, Cosmetics, Eating, Hair, Spray & Where to Buy (China Clay)
- Kaolin Clay Mask Benefits for Face, Acne & Oily Skin-Homemade Recipe
- White, Red, Yellow & Pink Kaolin Clays-Benefits & Uses
- Kaolin Clay Skin Benefits, Side Effects, Properties
- Multani Mitti Hair Growth, Straighten, Removal & Dandruff- Mask or Hair Pack
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily, Dry Skin, Acne & Pimples: Fair Whitened Skin.
- Multani Mitti Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, Cost & Where to Buy (Fullers Earth Clay)